설교내용

Parables of Jesus Chapter I

The Parable of the sower

Seoulsmyrna Church

Pastor Sung Soo Kim

오늘 말씀 나누겠습니다.

Let’s share today’s Word.

예수님의 비유 첫 번째 시간입니다.

It’s the first lesson for the Parables of Jesus.

씨 뿌리는 자의 비유마태복음 13장 1절에서 9절까지의 말씀입니다.

It’s the Parable of the sower in Matthew, chapter 13, from verse 1 to 9.

함께 봉독하시겠습니다.

Let’s read together with reverence.

(13:1~9)

13:1 그 날 예수께서 집에서 나오셔서바닷가에 앉으셨다. 13:2 많은 무리가 모여드니예수께서는 배에 올라가서 앉으셨다무리는 모두 물가에 서 있었다. 13:3 예수께서 그들에게 비유로 여러 가지 일을 말씀하셨다그는 이렇게 말씀하셨다. "보아라씨를 뿌리는 사람이 씨를 뿌리러 나갔다. 13:4 그가 씨를 뿌리는데더러는 길가에 떨어지니새들이 와서그것을 쪼아먹었다. 13:5 또 더러는 흙이 많지 않은 돌짝밭에 떨어지니흙이 깊지 않아서 싹은 곧 났지만, 13:6 해가 뜨자 타버리고뿌리가 없어서 말라버렸다. 13:7 또 더러는 가시덤불에 떨어지니가시덤불이 자라서 그 기운을 막았다. 13:8 그러나 더러는 좋은 땅에 떨어져서 열매를 맺었는데어떤 것은 백 배가 되고어떤 것은 육십 배가 되고어떤 것은 삼십 배가 되었다. 13:9 1)귀 있는 사람은 들어라." (다른 고대 사본들에는 '들을 귀가') 아멘.

<Matt. 13:1~9>

1That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the lake. 2Such large crowds gathered around him that he got into a boat and sat in it, while all the people stood on the shore. 3Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed.4As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up.5Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow.6But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root.7Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants.8Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a cropa hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.9Whoever has ears, let them hear.” Amen.

오늘부터 우리는 예수님의 비유에 관해서 공부를 할 것입니다.

From today, we’re going to study the Parables of Jesus.

우리가 지금 수요예배를 통하여 요한복음을 공부하고 있고이러저러한 여타의 설교에서도 사 복음서의 내용을 많이 다루었기 때문에 우리가 사 복음서에 나오는 예수님의 비유와 기적 사건들그리고 산상수훈 정도를 심도 있게 공부를 하게 되면 사 복음서의 내용을 거의 모두 다루는 것이 되기 때문에 우선 제가 예수님의 여러 가지 비유 이야기들을 설교하기로 한 것입니다.

We’ve been studying John in Wednesday service, and since we’ve been dealt with the contents of the four Gospels many times in various sermons, it would amount to study nearly all the contents in the four Gospels, if we study the Parables and Miracles of Jesus and the Sermon on the Mount in depth. That’s why I decided to preach my sermon with the Parables of Jesus first.

여러분들이 이 예수님의 비유 사건들을 다 배우시고 나면 자연스럽게 아시게 되겠지만 결론부터 말씀드리면 예수님의 모든 비유는 다른 것이 다 그러하듯이 다 예수 그리스도와 십자가그리고 하나님 나라에 관한 이야기들입니다..

When you finish learning the Parables of Jesus, you’ll naturally know the purpose of them, but to tell you the conclusion first, like all others, the Parables of Jesus are the stories about Jesus Christ, the Cross and the kingdom of God.

여러분이 이 세상을 살아가는데 필요한 교훈이야기가 아닙니다

They’re not didactic stories for the better life on earth.

제가 이 예수님의 비유를 강해하기 위해 비유에 관한 책과 논문만 30여권을 사서 읽고 있고 또 많이 읽었는데

I’ve been reading more than 30 books and papers on the Parables to prepare the expository preaching about the Parables of Jesus.

그 중 어떤 것은 너무나 유아기 적 해석을 해 놓은 것도 있고판에 박힌 도덕 강해로 결론을 맺는 것도 있으며어떤 것은 성도들을 회유하거나 협박하는 용도로 해석이 된 것들도 있습니다.

Some of their explications are way too childish, conclude with routine morality lessons, or even are interpreted for the purpose of conciliating and threatening saints.

그래서 때로는 시간이 너무 아까울 때도 많습니다만 그래도 그러한 잘못된 해석들을 두루두루 섭렵을 해 놓아야 올바른 그림을 잘 그릴 수 있을 것이란 생각에 인내심을 갖고 열심히 읽어보고 있습니다.

So, from time to time, I feel like I’m wasting my precious time, but I’m reading them sincerely with patience thinking I can draw the right picture by reading through such wrong explications.

그러나 여러분에게 분명하게 말씀을 드리지만 그러한 해석들은 성도가 이 세상을 도덕적으로 윤리적으로 종교적으로 아주 성공적으로 인정받으며 살아가는 데에는 도움이 될지 모르지만 예수님의 은혜와 하나님의 사랑을 깨닫는 데에는 전혀 도움이 되지 않는 해석들입니다.

But, let me be clear, such explanations might be helpful for saints to lead moral, ethical, religious and successful life, achieving recognition from the world, but they aren’t helpful at all to make us realize the grace of Jesus and God’s love.

그런데 안타깝게도 거의 대부분의 비유 해석들이 그러한 수준에 머물고 있다는 것을 발견하게 되었습니다.

Unfortunately, however, I’ve found most of the explications are staying at no more than such a degree.

제가 비유 강해를 하는 동안 여러분이 그동안 배워 오셨던 그러한 종류의 해석들을 성경으로 반격을 하며 올바른 해석을 전달하려 노력을 할 테니까 잘 들어 보세요.

While explicating the Parables, I’ll do my best to deliver the right explanation, refuting the misinterpretations you’ve learned based on the Bible, so listen carefully.

비유너무 많이 들어서 다 아는 거니까정말 다 아는지 한번 들어보세요.

The Parables, since you’ve heard enough to memorize, let’s check it out if you do know all.

오늘 우리가 첫 번째로 공부할 비유가 씨 뿌리는 자의 비유입니다더더욱 실망이죠애게겨우 그거야??? 너무나 잘 아는 비유라서,그쵸?

The first parable we’re studying today is the Parable of the sower.

Even more disappointing, right? Is that all???

Since too familiar, right?

신앙생활의 연륜이 좀 쌓이신 분들은 오늘 본문에 기록되어 있는 씨 뿌리는 자의 비유에 대한 설교를 너무나 많이 들어 보셨을 것입니다.

Surely some veterans of the religious life must’ve heard the sermon about the Parable of the sower recorded in today’s text very much.

그동안 들어오셨던 그 설교들의 대강의 줄거리들을 잠시 머릿속에 한번 떠올려 보세요대부분 결론이 뭐였지요?

Just recall a rough summary of the sermons you’ve heard in your mind.

What was the conclusion mostly?

설교시간에 졸지 말고 열심히 노력하여 돌 짝 밭을 갈아엎고 가시떨기를 제거하여 열매를 풍성히 맺는 좋은 밭이 되자’ 맞죠좋은 밭이 되자그래야 열매를 맺을 테니까

Wasn’t it something like ‘Let’s make the best effort to plow the rocky field without dozing off during the sermon, and be a good field to bear bountiful fruits by eliminating the thorns’, right? Let’s be a good field to bear plenty fruit.

그렇다면 이 비유의 제목을 밭의 비유로 바꾸어야지요?

If so, the title of this parable should be ‘The Parable of the field’, shouldn’t it?

오늘도 역시 제가 디스푸타치오 방식으로 설교를 풀어가 보도록 할 테니까 제가 질문을 던지면 여러분이 마음속에 얼른 대답을 하시며 따라오셔야 합니다.

I’ll put forth the sermon using the disputatio method again today, so when I toss a question, you should follow me answering quickly in your mind.

첫 번째 질문입니다여러분밭이 스스로 돌이나 가시덤불을 제거할 힘이 있습니까?

The first question.

Everybody, does the field have the power to get rid of rocks or thorns for itself?

이 중에 농사를 지어보신 분들이 계실지도 모르겠는데어느 날 농부가 씨를 뿌리러 밭에 나가보니 밭에 돌과 가시덤불이 너무 많아서 씨를 뿌려봐야 도저히 열매를 맺을 수 없는 그런 상태였다고 가정해 보자고요.

Some of you here might’ve experienced farming, but let’s just suppose the situation; one day a farmer went out to the field to sow, but the field is full of rocks and thorns.

It is useless to sow in it since the field can’t bear any fruit.

그 때 농부가 돌아서면서 너 이 상태로는 절대 열매를 못 맺으니까 내일까지 돌들과 가시덤불들을 다 치워 놓아라그러면 내가 내일 와서 다시 씨를 뿌려줄게그럼 열매를 맺을 수 있을꺼야’ 그렇게 말했다면 여러분 배꼽을 잡고 웃을겁니다.

In that situation, you would roll with laugher if the farmer told the field turning back, ‘You, field, listen to me. You can’t bear any fruit under this state, so get rid of all rocks and thorns by tomorrow, then I’ll come back tomorrow and sow the seeds in you again. You might bear some fruit, then’.

그런데도 강대상에서 목사가 그런 말을 하면 아멘으로 받습니다밭들에게 스스로 밭을 갈아엎어 옥토가 되라고 하는 데도 그저 아멘입니다.

Nevertheless, when a pastor says something like that on the pulpit, people respond to him with “Amen”.

Even when he tells the field to plow itself to be rich soil, they just respond with ‘Amen’.

성경은 아담 이후로 이 세상에 태어나는 모든 인간들의 상태를 이렇게 묘사를 합니다.

The Bible describes the state of all humans born in this world after Adam as this;

(3:10~18)

3:10 성경에 이렇게 기록되어 있습니다. 2)"의인은 없다한 사람도 없다. (시 14:1-3(칠십인역); 53:1-3(칠십인역); 전 7:20)

3:11 깨닫는 사람도 없고하나님을 찾는 사람도 없다.

3:12 모두가 곁길로 빠져서쓸모가 없게 되었다선한 일을 하는 사람은 없다한 사람도 없다."

3:13 3)"그들의 목구멍은 열린 무덤이다혀는 사람을 속인다." 4)"입술에는 독사의 독이 있다." (시 5:9(칠십인역),시 140:3(칠십인역))

3:14 5)"입에는 저주와 독설이 가득 찼다." (시 10:7(칠십인역))

3:15 6)"발은 피를 흘리는 일에 빠르며, (사 59:7; 8)

3:16 그들이 가는 길에는 파멸과 비참함이 있다.

3:17 그들은 평화의 길을 알지 못한다."

3:18 7)"그들의 눈에는 하나님을 두려워하는 빛이 없다." (시 36:1)

<Rom. 3:10~18>

10As it is written: “There is no one righteous, not even one; (Ps. 14:1-3(LXX), 53:13(LXX), Ec. 7:20)

11there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God.

12All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one.”

13“Their throats are open graves; their tongues practice deceit.” “The poison of vipers is on their lips.” (Ps. 5:9(LXX), 140:3(LXX))

14“Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.” (Ps. 10:7(LXX))

15“Their feet are swift to shed blood;(Jg. 59:7,8)

16ruin and misery mark their ways, 17andthewayofpeacetheydonotknow.”

18“There is no fear of God before their eyes.(Ps. 36:1)”

모든 인간의 상태가 이 상태예요입니다길가 밭돌 짝 밭가시떨기의 상태인 것입니다모든 인간이예요

This is the state all humans are in.

All of them are in the state of the field along the path, full of rocks and thorns, without any exception.

전혀절대 열매를 맺을 수 없는 그런 상태.

The situation that can never bear any fruit at all.

그런데 그 불가능과 무력함의 밭에 생명의 씨가 떨어져 돌과 가시떨기를 부수고 단단한 길을 뒤집어 엎어서 그 밭이 옥토가 되는 것입니다.

Then, on the impossible and helpless field, a seed of life falls, breaks the rocks and thorns and plows up the hard path, making the field rich soil.

그걸 구원이라 하는 것입니다로마서 3장 23절로 가볼까요?

That’s salvation. Shall we go to Romans, chapter 3, verse 23?

(3:23~24)

23 모든 사람이 죄를 범하였으매 하나님의 영광에 이르지 못하더니 (이게 열매를 맺지 못하는 삶이예요이게 돌짝 밭길가 밭가시떨기의 상태입니다)

24 그리스도 예수 안에 있는 구속으로 말미암아 하나님의 은혜로 값없이 의롭다 하심을 얻은 자 되었느니라 (값없이 열매 맺는 자가 되었다.)

<Rom. 3:2324>

23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, (This is the unfruitful life. This is the state of the field along the path, of rocky and thorny place.)

24and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. (They’ve become fruit-bearers for free.)

바로 이 얘기를 하고 있는거예요

This is exactly what the Bible says.

그렇게 우리가 아직 하나님의 원수가 되었을 때에(5:10) 영원 전에 준비된 하늘의 씨가 그 원수의 밭에 심기워져서 삼십 배 육십 배백 배의 열매를 맺는 구원의 현실을 설명해 주는 비유가 바로 씨 뿌리는 자의 비유 속에 담긴 메시지인 것입니다.

Just like that, while we were God’s enemies (Rom. 5:10), the heavenly seed prepared before the eternity was planted to the enemy’s field, producing a crop a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.

This is the message hidden in the Parable of the sower, explaining the reality of redemption.

그 씨에 관한 이야기는 여러분이 정말 귀에 못이 박히게 배웠습니다그쵸반복하고 반복해서 제가 설명해 드렸어요.

You’ve heard of the story about the seed more than enough, haven’t you?

I’ve explained it over and over.

그 씨제라자손후손 그 이름은 창세기 3장 15절부터 반복하여 아주 질리도록 나와요성경에그 씨가 혼돈과 공허와 어둠뿐인 길가 밭돌짝 밭가시떨기인 여러분 안에 심겨서 여러분이 옥토가 되는 것이지 우리가 스스로 마음 밭을 갈아 엎어 옥토가 되는 게 아니란 말입니다그걸 알메니언주의라고 하는 거예요. 그 갈아디아서 3장 16절에 보면 그 씨가 누구다자손그 씨가 누구다?

The seed! Zera. Descendants, offspring.

The name comes from Genesis, chapter 3, verse 15, more than enough in the Bible.

It’s the seed that is planted into you, making the rich soil out of you who’re the field along the path or rocky and thorny, full of chaos, emptiness and darkness.

We can’t make ourselves as the rich soil by plowing up the field for ourselves.

That is Arminianism. Who’s the seed?

The offspring, who’s it in Galatians, chapter 3, verse 16?

예수그리스도다라고 바울이 명확히 설명해 주잖아요그 씨를 이야기 하는 거예요그게 말씀으로 오셨잖아요그래서 말씀이 떨어지매 이렇게 이야기를 하는 것입니다.

It’s Jesus Christ! Paul clearly explains. He’s talking about the seed.

The seed has come as the Word.

That’s why the Bible says like that as the Word has been given.

좋은 밭이 되자 그런 이야기는 성경이 이야기 하고자 하는 바와 완전히 반대의 이야기를 하는 거예요.

Such a story like ‘Let’s be a good field’ is quite the opposite of what the Bible wants to say.

다시 한 번 말씀드립니다.

Let me say it again.

이 씨뿌리는 자의 비유는 그 자체로 예수 그리스도의 필연성을 강조하는 복음의 메시지입니다.

The Parable of the sower is the message of the Gospel in itself that emphasizes the inevitability of Jesus Christ.

그 자체가 복음입니다.

The Parable itself is the Gospel.

그래서 예수님께서도 씨 뿌리는 자의 비유를 말씀하시면서 이렇게 말씀을 하셨던 것입니다.

That’s why Jesus said like this when He said the Parable of the sower.

(4:13)

13 또 가라사대 너희가 이 비유를 알지 못할진대 어떻게 모든 비유를 알겠느뇨

<Mk. 4:13>

13“Don’t you understand this parable? How then will you understand any parable?

보세요씨 뿌리는 자의 비유를 옳게 이해를 하지 못하면 다른 비유들도 전혀 이해를 할 수 없다는 것입니다.

Look at that.

It means we can’t understand the other parables at all without understanding the Parable of the sower correctly.

그 말은 모든 비유가 다 같은 이야기를 하고 있는 건데예수 그리스도와 하나님 나라에 대한 것인데지금 이 쉬운 씨 뿌리는 자의 비유가 담고 있는 그 예수와 하나님 나라에 관해서도 이해하지 못한다면 분명 너희들은 다른 비유들도 엉뚱한 도덕적 윤리적 교훈으로 오해를 하고 말 것이라는 말씀입니다.

That is, Jesus says all the parables are saying the same story, something about Jesus Christ and the kingdom of God, so if you don’t understand the story of Jesus and the Kingdom through the Parable of the sower, which is relatively easy, you’ll definitely end up mistaking the other parables for a wild lesson of morality and ethics as well.

바로 이러한 이유에서 제가 첫 번째 비유 강해 본문을 씨 뿌리는 자의 비유로 택한 것입니다따라서 여러분이 오늘 이 씨 뿌리는 자의 비유를 올바로 잘 이해를 하시게 되면 나머지 모든 비유들을 예수 그리스도라는 주제로 올바로 이해를 하실 수 있게 될 것입니다.

With that reason, I chose the Parable of the sower as the opening of the expository preaching for the Parables.

Accordingly, if you understand the Parable of the sower properly today, you’ll be able to understand the rest parables correctly with the theme ‘Jesus Christ’.

너무 서둘러 결론으로 왔는데요지금부터 어떻게 그 씨 뿌리는 자의 비유가 예수 그리스도와 은혜라는 결론으로 연결이 되는지 차근차근 설명해 드리도록 하겠습니다.

I might jump to the conclusion too soon.

From now, I’ll spell out how the Parable of the sower is related to the conclusion of Jesus Christ and grace step by step.

오늘 설교를 잘 이해하시면 다음 주부터는 식은 죽 먹기예요그러니까 정신 똑바로 차리시고 들어보세요.

If you grasp today’s sermon well, it’s a breeze from next week. So pull yourself together and listen carefully.

먼저 이 씨 뿌리는 자의 비유가 나오게 된 문맥상의 배경을 살펴보겠습니다이 씨 뿌리는 자의 비유는 공관복음서에 공히 등장하고 있어요세 복음서에 다 들어있습니다.

First, we’re looking into the contextual background of the appearance of the Parable of the sower. This parable appears in the Synoptic Gospels equally.

마가복음에서는 예수님의 어머니와 동생들이 예수님을 찾아왔을 때에 누가 내 어머니이고 누가 내 골육이냐?’는 질문 다음에 이 비유가 나오고그리고 우리가 본문으로 채택을 한 마태복음에서도 누가 내 어머니이고 내 골육이냐?’는 질문 다음에 이 비유가 등장합니다.

In Mark, the parable comes after the question ‘Who are my mother and my brothers?’, when Jesus’ mother and brothers came to visit Him.

Also, in Matthew, which we selected as today’s text, the parable appears right after the same question ‘Who are my mother and brothers?’

그러니까 이 씨 뿌리는 자의 비유는 누가 예수님의 진짜 가족이냐에 대한 대답으로 제시가 된 비유라는 것을 우리가 추론해 볼 수 있습니다.

Then, we can infer the Parable of the sower is suggested as the answer for the question ‘Who is the real family of Jesus?’

그리고 또 하나 중요한 배경은 이 씨 뿌리는 자의 비유가 등장하는 장면에 세 복음서 공히 수 많은 큰 무리가 예수님을 찾았다라는 사실이 기록이 되어 있다는 것입니다.

And, another important background is that, at the scene appearing the Parable of the sower, the three Gospels equally record the fact that ‘a large crowd followed Jesus‘.

(8:4)

각 동네 사람들이 예수께로 나아와 큰 무리를 이루니 예수께서 비유로 말씀하시되

<Lk. 8:4)

4While a large crowd was gathering and people were coming to Jesus from town after town, he told this parable:

(4:1)

예수께서 다시 바닷가에서 가르치시니 큰 무리가 모여 들거늘 예수께서 배에 올라 바다에 떠 앉으시고 온 무리는 바다 곁 육지에 있더라

<Mk. 4:1>

1Again Jesus began to teach by the lake. The crowd that gathered around him was so large that he got into a boat and sat in it out on the lake, while all the people were along the shore at the water’s edge.

(13:2)

2 ‘큰 무리가 그에게로 모여 들거늘 예수께서 배에 올라가 앉으시고 온 무리는 해변에 섰더니

<Mk. 13:2>

2Such large crowds gathered around him that he got into a boat and sat in it, while all the people stood on the shore.

이렇게 예수님의 기적을 본 큰 무리가 예수님을 쫓겠다고 예수님께 나아와서 예수님을 지금 둘러싸고 있어요거기에 씨 뿌리는 자의 비유가 떨어지는 거예요설교로 떨어지는 거예요.

As we see, Jesus is surrounded by the large crowd who followed Him after witnessing the miracle Jesus had performed.

The Parable of the sower is falling right there as the sermon.

모르겠어요지금 너희들이 날 쫓겠다고 지금 날 찾아왔는데 너희들이 정말 다 옥토인줄 아니초를 쳐버리는 것입니다거기에다가그 비유의 내용을 예수님이 제자들에게만 설명해 주셨습니다.

Let me see. It seems like Jesus is spoiling the mood with the attitude ‘You’ve come to follow me, but do you think all of you are good soil?’

Moreover, He explains the content of the parable only to His disciples.

그리고는 왜 비유로 말씀을 하시느냐?’는 제자들의 질문에 이사야서의 말씀을 인용하여 대답을 해 주십니다잘 들어보세요.

Then, to the question ‘Why do You speak to the people in parables?’, the disciples asked, Jesus answers it citing the words in Isaiah. Listen carefully.

(13:10~15)

10 제자들이 예수께 나아와 가로되 어찌하여 저희에게 비유로 말씀 하시나이까 11 대답하여 가라사대 천국의 비밀을 아는 것이 너희에게는 허락되었으나 저희에게는 아니 되었나니 12 무릇 있는 자는 받아 넉넉하게 되되 무릇 없는 자는 그 있는 것도 빼앗기리라 13그러므로 내가 저희에게 비유로 말하기는 저희가 보아도 보지 못하며 들어도 듣지 못하며 깨닫지 못 함이니라 14 이사야의 예언이 저희에게 이루었으니 일렀으되 너희가 듣기는 들어도 깨닫지 못할 것이요 보기는 보아도 알지 못하리라 15 이 백성들의 마음이 완악하여져서 그 귀는 듣기에 둔하고 눈은 감았으니 이는 눈으로 보고 귀로 듣고 마음으로 깨달아 돌이켜 내게 고침을 받을까 두려워함이라 하였느니라

<Matt. 13:10~15>

10The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?” 11He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 13This is why I speak to them in parables: “Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand. 14In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah: “‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving. 15For this people’s heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.’

여러분이 아시다시피 이 말씀은 이사야서 6장의 내용을 그대로 인용한 것입니다따라서 그 이사야서 6장의 내용을 잘 이해하고 있지 못하면 이 예수님의 말씀 또한 올바로 이해를 할 수가 없는 것입니다.

As you know well, the words were cited from Isaiah, chapter 6 as it is.

So, if you don’t grasp what Isaiah, chapter 6 is about, you can’t understand well what Jesus says, either.

그럼 이 인용문이 발췌가 된 이사야서 6장으로 가서 이 이야기의 문맥을 살펴봄으로 해서 이 이야기 속에 들어있는 진의를 한 번 파헤쳐보겠습니다.

Then, let’s go to Isaiah, chapter 6 where the quotation is excerpted, and look into the context of the story to find out its real intention.

(6:8~13)

내가 또 주의 목소리를 들은즉 이르시되 내가 누구를 보내며 누가 우리를 위하여 갈꼬 그 때에 내가 가로되 내가 여기 있나이다 나를 보내소서 여호와께서 가라사대 가서 이 백성에게 이르기를 너희가 듣기는 들어도 깨닫지 못할 것이요 보기는 보아도 알지 못하리라 하여 10 이 백성의 마음으로 둔하게 하며 그 귀가 막히고 눈이 감기게 하라 염려컨대 그들이 눈으로 보고 귀로 듣고 마음으로 깨닫고 다시 돌아와서 고침을 받을까 하노라 11 내가 가로되 주여 어느 때까지 니이까 대답하시되 성읍들은 황폐하여 거민이 없으며 가옥들에는 사람이 없고 이 토지가 전폐 하게 되며 12 사람들이 여호와께 멀리 옮기워서 이 땅 가운데 폐한 곳이 많을 때까지니라 13그 중에 십분의 일이 오히려 남아 있을지라도 이것도 삼키운 바 될 것이나 밤나무상수리나무가 베임을 당하여도 그 그루터기는 남아 있는 것같이 거룩한 씨가 이 땅의 그루터기니라

<Jg. 6:8~13>

8Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!” 9He said, “Go and tell this people: “‘Be ever hearing, but never understanding; be ever seeing, but never perceiving.’ 10Make the heart of this people calloused; make their ears dull and close their eyes.a Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed.” 11Then I said, “For how long, Lord?” And he answered: “Until the cities lie ruined and without inhabitant, until the houses are left deserted and the fields ruined and ravaged, 12until the Lord has sent everyone far away and the land is utterly forsaken. 13And though a tenth remains in the land, it will again be laid waste. But as the terebinth and oak leave stumps when they are cut down, so the holy seed will be the stump in the land.”

웃시야 왕이 죽던 해에웃시야 왕은 굉장히 좋은 평가를 받은 그런 왕입니다그 웃시야 왕의 사촌이 이사야예요 그래서 이사야는 왕족이었어요 대단한 벼슬을 하고 있던 사람인데 하나님한테 붙들려는 바람에 아주 그냥 개고생만 하다가 죽은 사람이에요 그 이사야가 슬픔에 잠겨 있었습니다.

In the year when King Uzziah died, he was quite well-reputed. Isaiah was the cousin of the king. So, he was a royal family.

Although taking up a powerful position, he underwent all sorts of hardship until his death after being seized by God.

That Isaiah was in sorrow in the text.

그런데 그 이사야에게 하나님의 영광이 나타나서 네가 나를 위해 백성들에게로 가라고 명령을 하십니다그래놓고는 백성들에게 가서 그들의 눈과 귀를 가리고 하나님의 비밀을 못 알아듣게 하라는 엉뚱한 지시를 하십니다.

Then, the glory of God appears to Isaiah, ordering ‘Go and tell this people for me’.

After then, God gives him a bizarre instruction to go and make the heart of this people calloused, making their ears dull and closing their eyes.

바로 그 임무를 예수님이 맡아가지고 내려오신 것입니다그러니까 오늘 비유에서 예수님이 그 말을 끄집어다가 쓰시지 않습니까?

That’s the very mission Jesus undertook when He came down to the earth.

That’s why Jesus quoted the same words in the parable today, isn’t it?

이사야 역시 예수 그리스도의 모형입니다그런데 거기서 그치는 것이 아니라 막혔던 백성들의 눈과 귀가 뜨이게 되는 날이 오고 황폐해졌던 성읍이 회복이 되는 날이 온다는 희망의 약속도 함께 주어집니다.

Isaiah was also the model of Jesus.

But, not only a model, but he was given the promise of hope that the day comes when the people’s blocked ears and eyes are open, and the ruined cities are recovered.

13절을 보시면 거룩한 씨가 오실 때에 성읍이 회복이 되고 막혔던 백성들의 눈과 귀가 뚫린다고 합니다그 거룩한 씨 는 그루터기인 예수가 오실때에 비로서 눈과 귀가 뚫리고 황폐한 광야가 회복이 된다는 것입니다.

The verse 13 says the ruined cities are restored and people’s blocked eyes and ears are open when the holy seed comes.

The blocked ears and eyes and the ruined cities won’t be recovered until comes the holy seed, Jesus Christ, the stump in the land.

그 거룩한 씨는 당연히 예수그리스도를 말하는거죠그런데 오늘 본문의 그 수많은 무리 들 속에 거룩한 씨인 예수가 오셨는데 왜 그 거룩한 씨의 말씀을 아무도 못 알아들을까요그런데도 왜 그들이 다른 소리를 하냐는 말입니다.

Definitely, the holy seed indicates Jesus Christ.

Then, why nobody understands the words of the holy seed even after the holy seed Jesus Christ has come into the large crowd?

Why do they say something different?

예수 그리스도의 오심이란 하나님의 은혜로 유효 적 부르심효과적 부르심이죠 그냥 일반적 부르심 말고 유효적 부르심 효과적 부르심 선택예정 그 안에 들어있는 이들거기에 참여한 자들에게만 해당이 되는 것입니다.

Jesus’ coming means the selective or effectual calling by God’s grace.

It’s not a general calling but the selective, effectual calling, only applied to those within the selection, predestination, and participation in it.

그들에게만 예수님이 가세요예수님의 오심은 그들에게만 적용이 돼요그들의 눈과 귀만 열리게 되는 것입니다그들이 바로 교회이고오늘 본문에서는 열두 사도로 교회의 모형으로 그려지고 있는거예요.

Jesus comes only to them. Jesus’ coming applies only to them.

Only their eyes and ears will be open.

That’s the church, and the twelve disciples are being described as the model of the church in today’s text.

그래서 그들만이 예수님에게 해설을 전해듣고 그들이 이해를 하게 되는 것으로 그려지고 있는거예요물론 그들도 이해를 못했어요 그러나 성경은 항상 교회에게 어떤 메세지를 준다는걸 잊지 마세요 이 시점에서 제자들이 알아들었냐 못알아들었냐 이거든 무의미한 논쟁인거예요 제자들이 언제 예수를 믿게 되었는지 그걸 왜 알고싶어 하세요 여러분이?

That’s why it’s described that only the disciples were told the explanation from Jesus and understood it.

Of course, they didn’t understand it at first.

But, don’t forget the Bible always gives the church certain messages.

It’s pointless to argue whether the Disciples understood the parables or not now.

Why do you want to know when they began to believe in Jesus?

성경이 교회에게 하고 싶어하는 말만 알아들으시란 말입니다 그러니까 예배당에 아무리 큰 무리가 모여 있다 할지라도 그게 다 성도가 아니라는 말입니다.

You only need to understand what the Bible wants to tell the church.

What the parable means is that not all of them are saints, however huge crowd are flocking up in the church.

유대교의 서슬이 퍼렇던 그 시대에 예수를 좇겠다고 큰 무리가 모였습니다그들은 나름대로 큰 손해를 감수하고 예수께 나아온 것입니다그런데 예수님은 그들 앞에서 씨 뿌리는 자의 비유를 말씀하심으로 해서 이곳에 모인 대부분은 다 가짜라고 선언을 해 버리시는 것입니다.

At the time when the Judaism was wielding undisputed power, a large crowd of people gathered to follow Jesus Christ.

They came forward to Jesus accepting huge damage in their own way.

Then, by telling them the Parable of the sower, Jesus declares in front of them that most people gathering there are phonies.

오늘날은 좀 다른가요아닙니다똑같습니다.

Is it a bit different today? No, it’s the same as before.

예수를 믿는다고 예배당을 가득 메우고 있는 사람 중에 정말 하나님 나라의 비밀을 올바로 깨닫고 진정으로 하나님을 예배하기 위해 앉아있는 사람은 참 드뭅니다그저 자기의 소원이나 이루고 문제나 해결받기 위해 앉아있는 이들이 대부분입니다.

Among those packing into the church, there’re few people to worship God truly by realizing the secret of the Kingdom correctly.

Most of them are just sitting in the church to make their wish come true or solve their problems.

주님은 단호하게 말씀하시는 것입니다그들은 아니라고.

The LORD speaks firmly. They aren’t the chosen ones.

오직 당신이 뚫고 들어가 눈과 귀를 열어놓은말씀을 알아듣는복음을 알아듣는 그들만이당신의 택한 백성들만이 당신의 가족이요참 성도라는 것을 확실하게 밝히시는 것입니다.

Jesus clearly declares only those are His family and the real saints He has chosen; who He penetrates into; whose ears and eyes are open; and who understand His words, the Gospel.

그래서 누가 네 어미이고 누가 네 골육이냐 그 뒤에다가 이걸 딱 붙여 놓는 것입니다 하나님의 복음을 알아듣는 이들이 우리 가족이라니까요.

That’s why the word, ‘Who are my mother and brothers?’, is followed the parable to let us know our real family is the one who understands the Gospel.

그럼에도 불구하고 사람만 많이 모으면 장땡이라는 식꿩잡는게 매라는 식의 그런 발상으로 좋은 교육 프로그램 멋진 예배당 지어놓고 요즘은 뭐 예배당이 전도한다면서요 그렇게해서 사람들 많이 모아놓으면 뭐할건데요?

Nevertheless, people don’t care about it, thinking it’s best to increase the number of people as many as possible.

With that mindset, they build a grandeur church, since the building itself is regarded as a tool of mission work.

What would you do after gathering up so many people in that way?

맨 가짜들 모아놓고 뭐할건데요그런식으로 교회 크게 만드는거 아닙니다 하나님의 말씀을 알아듣는 이들이 모여야돼요

What will you do with all the phonies?

It’s not the way to propagate the Gospel.

The church must be the place where the people understanding the words of God gather.

우리 교회도 두달만에 새 가족이 60명이 늘었는데 여러분 그것이 기쁘십니까?

Within 2 months, 60 new members came to our church as well. Are you happy with it?

저는 그렇게 믿고 싶어요 그분들이 정말 올바른 말씀을 잘 알아듣고 말씀에 갈급하여 오셨다라고 믿고 싶어요.

I truly want to believe they came here to understand God’s words correctly and to ease their thirst for the true words of God.

그렇지만 사람이 많이 온 것으로 여러분이 기뻐하시면서 안됩니다.

However, you mustn’t be pleased with the increase in numbers of our church.

그걸 부흥이라고 하지 않아요 부흥은 눈과 귀가 막혀서 말씀을 못 알아 들었던 이들의 눈과 귀가 뚫리는 일을 부흥이라고 해요.

We don’t call it ‘revival’. Revival is the opening of people’s eyes and ears blocked before.

우리 안에 필요 없는것 하나님앞에서 절대 잘라져 나가야 하는것들이 하나님의 말씀에 의해 박살이 나는걸 리바이벌 부흥이라고 하는거예요

Revival is that the unnecessary things in us, which must be cut out in front of God, are shattered by the Words of God.

그러니까 창세기에서부터 약속이 된아니 영원 전부터 약속이 된 그 거룩한 씨가 은혜로 침공해 들어오기 전에는 이 세상 어느 누구도 모두 돌 짝 밭이요길가 밭이요가시 떨기일 수밖에 없다는 것입니다.

In other words, before the holy seed, promised from Genesis, rather, from the eternity, penetrates into us by the grace of God, all of us are inevitably the field along the path, with rocks and thorns.

그게 뭐죠열매 못맺는 흙죽은 흙지난주에 제가 말씀드린 죽은 흙이라는 거예요그들은 아무때나 똥구덩이에나 지옥에 넣어도 아무 할말 없는거예요 죽은 흙이니까 그걸 열매맺지 못하는 땅밭으로 다시 다른 그림으로 설명해주는것 뿐이에요 조금 더 구체적으로 제가 설명을 해드릴게요

What’s that? The soil that can’t bear fruit?

That’s the dead soil I mentioned last week, the dead soil.

It has nothing to say though put into the toilet or hell, since it is dead.

God just explains us it differently describing it as the futile field.

Let me explain it more specifically.

구약 성경에서 가시떨기와 돌 짝 밭은 항상 하나님의 저주의 상태를 가리키던 것들이었고 광야의 상태를 가리키던 소품들이었습니다.

In the Old Testament, a thorn bush and a rocky field were always used as the props indicating the state of God’s curse and the wilderness.

(3:17~18)

17 아담에게 이르시되 네가 네 아내의 말을 듣고 내가 너더러 먹지 말라 한 나무 실과를 먹었은즉 땅은 너로 인하여 저주를 받고 너는 종신토록 수고하여야 그 소산을 먹으리라 18 땅이 네게 가시덤불과 엉겅퀴를 낼 것이라

<Gen. 3:17~18>

17To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’ “Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat food from it all the days of your life. 18It will produce thorns and thistles for you, and you will eat the plants of the field.

아담이 타락을 하자 하나님의 저주가 내리는 데 그 저주의 산물이 가시덤불과 엉겅퀴입니다 가시 떨기입니다 이것이.

As Adam fell from grace, God’s curse was poured down, and the fruit of the curse was thorns thistles. Thorns and thistles they are!

그러니까 땅이 저주받은 이후로 이 세상이 내어놓는 모든 소산 모든 추수과학문명교육이런 모든 소산이 다 뭐다?

That is, after the soil was cursed, what was the fruit the earth harvest like science, civilization or education, what’re they?

하나님과 관계없이 인간들이 내어놓는 그런 멋진 세상의 힘들이 다 뭐예요 가시덤불과 엉겅퀴라는거예요

What was the fantastic power of the earth humans produced regardless of God?

They’re thorns and thistles.

그것이그런데 하나님과 아무 관계도 없이 그런 것들을 많이 끌어모으는 걸 복이라고 한단 말입니다.

However, without any relation with God, gathering such things up as many as possible is regarded as blessing.

그건 가시덤불과 엉겅퀴 저주를 쌓는 것이라니까요.

That’s the action of piling up the curse of thorns and thistles.

그런데 하나님을 알려고 하지않고 예배당에 와서도 하나님을 배우려고 하기는커녕 그냥 자기들이 원하는 세상의 가시덤불과 엉겅퀴만을 구하는 것이 오늘날 교회의 현실이 아닙니까?

But, let alone learning about God in the church, people only try to seek thorns and thistles of the world, and this is the reality of today’s church, isn’t it?

그런데 세상은 마치 거지 동냥에 불과한 이 세상 금과 은이 인생 최고의 목표인 줄 알고 하염없이 동냥 그릇만 바라보고 있던 사도행전의 성전 미문에 앉은 앉은뱅이처럼가시덤불과 엉겅퀴에 불과한 이 세상의 힘을 더 주세요 더 주세요 더 주세요 하면서 극성들입니다.

Then, just like the lame man in Acts, who was sitting in front of the temple gate called Beautiful, who was staring at the begging bowl, thinking gold and silver is the best thing in life, which is no more than begging, people in the world get mad begging ‘Give me more, more and more power of the world’, which are mere thorns and thistles after all.

날때부터 앉은뱅이 되었던 그 자가 거기에서 동냥통을 바라보면서 은과 금 여기다 가득 넣어 주세요 나는 이걸로 행복할 수 있어요 내가 앉은 곳이 화려한 문 미문이거든요 나는 여기서 행복할 수 있어요 그 모습과 똑같은거라니까요

Our image is as same as the man who was lame from birth and staring at the begging bowl, shouting ‘Please fill up this bowl with silver and gold. I can be happy with them, since where I’m sitting is the gorgeous gate called Beautiful. I can be happy here.’

그때 베드로가 뭐라고 그래요은과 금은 내게 없어 그러나 내가 너한테 진짜 좋은거 줄게 일어나 걸어라이야기 하는것입니다 생명을 얻어야 되는거예요 죄인들은.

Then, what does Peter tell him?

“Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk!”

Just like that, we sinners have to get life.

성경이 그 가시덤불과 엉겅퀴를 어려운 말로 질려와 형극이라고도 번역을 합니다

The Bible sometimes interprets the thorns and thistles as more difficult terms ‘briers and thorns’.

(7:23~25)

23 그 날에는 천 주에 은 일천 개의 가치 되는 포도나무 있던 곳마다 질려와 형극이 날 것이라(엄청난 포도나무가 있던곳에 전부 가시떨기 가시덤불만 난다고 해요 엉겅퀴만 난다고 합니다)

24 온 땅에 질려와 형극이 있으므로 살과 활을 가지고 그리로 갈 것이요

25 보습으로 갈던 산에도 질려와 형극 까닭에 두려워서 그리로 가지 못할 것이요 그 땅은 소를 놓으며 양의 밟는 곳이 되리라

<Jg. 7:23~25>

23In that day, in every place where there were a thousand vines worth a thousand silver shekels, there will be only briers and thorns. (That is, where there were great vines, there will be only thorns and thistles.) 24Hunters will go there with bow and arrow, for the land will be covered with briers and thorns.25As for all the hills once cultivated by the hoe, you will no longer go there for fear of the briers and thorns; they will become places where cattle are turned loose and where sheep run.

질려와 형극 가시떨기 가시덤불 계속 나오고 있죠가시떨기와 황량한 돌로 가득 찬 바로 이 상태가 저주받은 인간의 땅의 모습입니다한군데만 더 볼까요?

Briers and thorns, that is, thorns and thorn bushes keep appearing, right?

The condition filled with thorn bush and rough rocks is the image of the cursed human land.

(4:3~4)

나 여호와가 유다와 예루살렘 사람에게 이같이 이르노라 너희 묵은 땅을 갈고 (이게 죽은 땅이예요가시덤불 속에 파종하지 말라(가시덤불인 너희들 그게 묵은 땅인데 거기다 그냥 씨뿌리면 안돼 얘기하는 거예요)

유다인과 예루살렘 거민들아 너희는 스스로 할례를 행하여 너희 마음 가죽을 베고 나 여호와께 속하라 그렇지 아니하면 너희 행악을 인하여 나의 분노가 불 같이 발하여 사르리니 그것을 끌 자가 없으리라

<Jer. 4:3~4>

3This is what the Lord says to the people of Judah and to Jerusalem: “Break up your unplowed ground (This is the dead field)and do not sow among thorns. (God says ‘You are the unplowed thorny bushes, so don’t you dare sow into you as is.)4Circumcise yourselves to the Lord, circumcise your hearts, you people of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem, or my wrath will flare up and burn like fire because of the evil you have doneburn with no one to quench it.

하나님 백성의 모형으로 등장한 이스라엘예루살렘 거민이 모두 가시덤불이라는 것이지요저주받는 인간의 모습이예요 그 상태예요 거기에는 그 어떤 씨를 파종해도 절대 열매가 맺혀질 수 없다는 것입니다.

It means Israel and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, appearing as the model of God’s people, are all thorn bushes, right?

It’s the image of cursed human beings and its state.

Whatever seeds are planted, no fruit will be born there.

그럼 돌짝밭은 어디 나올까요이사야서로 가보죠. 8장 14.

Then, where does the rocky field appear?

Let’s go to Isaiah, chapter 8, verse 14.

(8:14~15)

14 그가 거룩한 피할 곳이 되시리라 그러나 이스라엘의 두 집에는 거치는 돌걸리는 반석이 되실 것이며 예루살렘 거민에게는 함정,올무가 되시리니

<Jg. 8:14~15>

14He will be a holy place; for both Israel and Judah he will be a stone that causes people to stumble and a rock that makes them fall. And for the people of Jerusalem he will be a trap and a snare.

돌이 이스라엘에게 주어졌는데 그 돌이 오히려 함정올무거치는 돌이 되어서 열매를 못맺게 하고 잇다라는 거예요조금 이상하시죠?

It says a rock was given to Israel, but rather, the rock becomes a trap and a snare causing them to stumble, banning Israel from bearing fruit, which sounds a bit strange, doesn’t it?

그런 질문을 갖고 따라 오시란 말이예요돌은 다름아닌 예수예요그런데 그 예수가 돌짝밭에 돌이란 말인가그렇습니다. 15절을 보세요.

Keep up with me asking that kind of question.

The rock is none other than Jesus.

Then, does it mean Jesus is the rock in the rocky field?

Yes, He is. Look at the verse 15.

15 많은 사람들이 그로 인하여 거칠 것이며 넘어질 것이며 부러질 것이며 걸릴 것이며 잡힐 것 이니라

<Jg. 8:15>

15Many of them will stumble; they will fall and be broken, they will be snared and captured.”

이 돌에 의해서 거치고 넘어진다는 말이 나중에 보면 로마서에 똑같이 나오죠그 거치는 돌이 누구였어요예수님이었잖아요.

The expression‍ ‘snared and captured’ appears exactly the same in Romans later, doesn’t it?

Who was the stumbling rock? It’s Jesus.

여기에 보면 이스라엘이 열매를 맺지 못하게 하는 돌이 예수님이라고 하지요?

It says the rock that prevents Israel from bearing fruit here is Jesus, right?

재미있습니다.

Interesting!

죄인들이 유일하게 피할 수 있는유일한 피할 곳도피성이신 예수가 어떤 이들에게는 거치는 돌걸리는 반석이 되며함정과 올무가 된다고 합니다.

It says the only place for sinners to hide, the only sanctuary, the city of refuge, Jesus is the stumbling stone, a rock making them fall, a trap and snare to some people.

이게 가시떨기요 돌 짝 밭의 상태입니다이렇게 은혜의 예수가 가시떨기가 되고돌 짝이 되는은헤의 예수가 은혜가 되지 않고 가시떨기가 되고 돌짝이 되는 그런 무리들의 사고의 중심그것이 인본주의입니다.

This is the state of thorny and rocky field.

The heart of the thinking such a group of people hold, it is humanism that makes merciful Jesus into thorns and rocks.

은혜가 은혜가 되지 못해요그 안에 은혜가 떨어지게 되면.

God’s mercy can’t be mercy, when it falls into it.

그러니까 쉽게 설명을 하자면 가시덤불과 돌들로 인해서 전혀 열매를 맺을 수 없는 죄인들의 마음 밭은 (지난 주에 제가 설명해드린)생명나무 실과를 지키는 두루도는 화염검과 그룹들로 인해 생명나무로 전혀 접근할 수 없는 저주받은 인류의 모습을 보여주는 거예요.

In simple language, as I explained last week, the mind field of sinner who can’t bear any fruit at all due to thorns and stones shows the cursed image of humans who can’t access to the tree of life guarded by the flaming sword flashing back and forth and cherubim.

그런데 생명나무 실과를 숨기신 분이 누구십니까하나님이 숨기셨잖아요.

Then, who hid the fruit of the tree of life? God did it.

하나님이 숨기시고 두루 도는 화염검과 그룹들로 그것을 지키게 하셨다 말입니다.

It was God who hid the fruit and made it protected by cherubim and the flaming sword flashing back and forth.

그리고 그 생명나무 실과지성소를 가리고 있던 휘장이 누구였어요?

And, who was the fruit of the tree of life, and the curtain hiding the Holy Place?

예수님입니다히브리서에 보면은그러니까 가시떨기와 돌 짝은 엄밀히 말해 예수 그리스도 자신인 것입니다.

It’s Jesus Christ according to the book of Hebrews.

So, strictly speaking, the thorn bush and rock is Jesus Himself.

예수 그리스도 자신이 못 알아듣게 하는 거예요.

It is Jesus Himself who causes people not to understand Him.

가시떨기와 돌짝이 되어서 못 알아 듣게 하는 거예요모든 인류의 마음속에 들어가서 못 알아듣게 하는 거예요.

Being the thorns and stones, Jesus makes people not to understand Him, in the mind of every human being.

예수 그리스도가 가시떨기와 돌 짝으로 죄인들에게 오셔서 그들의 눈과 귀를 막고 절대로 생명나무 실과를 먹을 수 없게 만드신다는 것입니다.

It says Jesus Christ came to us sinners as thorns and rocks, and blocked our eyes and ears never to let us eat the fruit of the tree of life.

창세기의 이야기와 이사야 6장의 이야기와 씨뿌리는 자의 비유는 이렇게 일관성있게 뚫려 있는 것입니다.

The story in Genesis, the story in Isaiah, chapter 6, and the Parable of the sower have a thread of connections consistently just like that.

하나님 나라와 영생은 인간의 힘으로는 절대 도달과 획득이 불가능한 위대한 것임을 가르치시기 위함입니다.

It’s to teach that the kingdom of God and eternity is a great thing that can’t be achieved or obtained by human power.

보세요이사야 6장에서 하나님이 이사야를 보내면서 가서 눈과 귀를 다 막아버려” 그랬다 말입니다.

Look, in Isaiah, chapter 6, sending Isaiah, God ordered ‘You, go and block their eyes and ears.’

그런데 예수님이 이 땅에 오셔서 지금 그 말을 그대로 인용하고 계시잖아요.

Then, Jesus is quoting the word exactly the same after coming to the world.

그러면서 씨뿌리는 자의 비유를 말씀하신다 말이예요그러니까 가시떨기와 길 가돌 짝이 누구다예수란 말입니다.

While citing the word, Jesus tells the Parable of the sower, then, who’s the thorns, rocks and the field along the path? It’s Jesus Himself.

그 분이 생명의 말씀을 가리고 있는 휘장이라는 말입니다.

He is the curtain concealing the words of life.

그 휘장이 너희들의 노력으로 찢어졌냐아니면 하나님의 은혜로 찢어졌냐교회들아 그것을 배우라” 라는 것입니다그들이 예수님의 가족이라는 거예요그들이 골육이라는 것입니다.

“Was the curtain torn by your own efforts, or by the grace of God? You church, learn that!” is the message. They’re the very Jesus’ family and brothers who understand the grace of God.

그 말은 하나님의 은혜를 깨닫고 배우는 선악과라는 probation 기간을 거치지 않은 자들즉 하나님의 은혜 밖에 있는 자들은 절대로 하나님 나라에 들어가 영생의 삶을 살 수 없다는 것을 에둘러 표현하고 있는 것입니다.

That’s a circumlocutory expression‍ that means the outsiders of God’s grace, who didn’t go through the probation period of the fruit of the tree of knowledge, the process of realizing God’s grace, can never go into God’s kingdom to live the eternal life.

그들에게 생명의 씨가 은혜로 뚫고 들어가는 것입니다그리고는 그 속에서 죽습니다.

The seed of life penetrates into them as grace and dies in them.

그 말은 절대로 죄를 용납할 수 없는 하나님의 공의못 알아듣게 해야되요죄인은 못 알아듣게 해야 되요그것이 하나님의 공의잖아요. “못 알아듣게 하라” 이것이 하나님의 공의인데 그 공의 자체가 예수란 말입니다.

What it means is that it’s the righteousness of God, which can never condone sin, and which we sinners aren’t allowed to understand. “Block their ears” is the righteousness of God, and the righteousness itself is Jesus Christ.

예수가 막고 있는데 예수가 뚫고 들어가 그 공의 자체가 죽어버리는 거예요.

Jesus was blocking our ears and eyes, and now Jesus penetrates into us and the righteousness itself dies.

가시떨기와 돌짝으로 사람들의 눈과 귀를 막고 있던 그 공의가 들어가 죽어버리는 거예요.

The righteousness blocking people’s ears and eyes as thorns and rocks enters and dies.

그것을 십자가라고 하는 것입니다.

That is the Cross.

그래서 그 때 비로소 옥토가 되는 거예요좋은 밭이 되는 것입니다.

It’s only after that we become the rich soil. The fertile land.

그것을 한 알의 밀알이 땅에 떨어져 죽어야 열매를 맺는다라는 그림으로 또 한번 설명해 주는 거예요그 밀알이 씨란 말입니다요한복음 12장 23절을 보세요.

Jesus explains it one more time with the picture of “the kennel of wheat falls to the ground and dies”. That kennel of wheat is the seed. Look at John, chapter 12, verse 23.

(12:23~24)

23 예수께서 대답하여 가라사대 인자의 영광을 얻을 때가 왔도다

24 내가 진실로 진실로 너희에게 이르노니 한 알의 밀이 땅에 떨어져 죽지 아니하면 한 알 그대로 있고 죽으면 많은 열매를 맺느니라

<Jn. 12:23~24>

23Jesus replied, “The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. 24Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.

열매 이야기가 여기 또 나오잖아요씨가 심겨져서 죽어야 돼요가시떨기와 돌 짝이 죽어야 돼요그래야 열매 맺는 옥토가 좋은 밭이 된다 말입니다예수 그리스도의 은혜의 복음십자가의 복음을 설명하는 거예요씨 뿌리는 자의 비유는.

The story of fruit comes here again. The seed has to be planted and die.

The thorns and rocks have to die so that the field becomes rich to bear fruit.

The Parable of the sower explains the Gospel of the mercy of Jesus Christ, the Gospel of the Cross.

밭이 스스로 옥토가 되어서 열매를 맺는 게 아니라 한 알의 씨가 능력의 씨가 땅에 떨어져 죽어야 삼십 배육십 배백배의 열매를 맺는다는 것입니다.

It’s not the field that becomes the rich soil for itself.

It’s the seed, the able seed, which makes the field rich by being dead in it to produce a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.

그 말은 하나님의 공의가 예수의 죽음으로 채워지게 된다는 뜻이예요.

It means the righteousness of God will be filled by the death of Jesus.

인간 측의 그 어떤 공로나 노력이나 자격이나 열심도 거기에 단 1%도 기여가 안 된다는 말씀입니다.

It suggests any human efforts, achievement, qualification or zeal can’t be added to it, not even 1%.

우리는 그렇게 하나님의 은혜의 씨에 의해열매 맺는 하나님 백성들이 되는 것이지우리 스스로 우리의 가시덤불과 돌 짝들을 제거해서 하나님 나라 백성들이 되는 것이 아니라는 것을 보여주는 것입니다.

The parable shows us we become God’s people who bear fruit only by the seed of God’s mercy, not by our own efforts to remove thorns and rocks.

그들이 바로 하나님 나라 가족이며 골육이라는 것입니다.

It’s they who’re our family and brothers in the kingdom of God.

아무리 큰 무리가 모여 있다 해도 난 절대 너희에게 내 몸을 의지하지 않을 거야’ 예수님이 반복하여 말씀하시죠.

However huge the crowd gathers, Jesus keeps saying ‘I won’t depend My body on you.’

그래 아무리 많이 모여있다고 하더라도 너희를 칭찬 안 해너희는 예수를 보고 온게 아니라 진리를 보고 온게 아니라떡 달라고 온 거니까너희들은 내 가족 아니야’ 말씀하신 것입니다.

Jesus never praises the huge crowd, why? It’s because they didn’t come for Jesus or the truth but for bread. ‘You’re not my family’, Jesus says to them.

예수님은 당신의 육적 어머니육적 형제들을 씨 뿌리는 자의 비유 앞에서 부정하심으로 누가 내 어머니이냐?”

Jesus denies His physical mother and brothers prior to telling the Parable of the sower, “Who are My mother and brothers?”

그건 예수님이 불효자라서 무례해서 그렇게 말씀하신 게 아녜요교회에게 뭘 설명해주기 위함이예요.

It’s not because Jesus was an unfilial son but because He wanted to explain something to the church.

누가 내 어머니이냐누가 내 형제냐? “ 라고 이야기 하심으로 해서 하나님 나라 백성들의 조건과 자격을 단호하게 규정하고 계신 것입니다.

Jesus firmly defines the condition and qualification of the people of God’s kingdom by saying “Who are My mother and brothers?”

혈통이나업적이나열심이나 ,노력이나재산이나지위나훌륭한 인품도덕적 성취학식이나깨달음그 어떤 것도 하나님 나라 백성 됨에 손톱만큼도 기여를 할 수 없다는 것을 그 작은 에피소드를 통해 먼저 보여주신 것입니다.

Ancestry, achievement, zeal, efforts, wealth, status, good character, ethical level, education, enlightenment, etc, Jesus shows first none of them can be acknowledged to get qualified as the people of God’s kingdom through the minor episode.

그게 예수인 나하나님인 나의 육적 어머니형제라도 그건 아무짝에도 쓸모 없는 것이다.’ 라고 얘기하는 거예요,

Jesus is saying ‘even to Me, Jesus who is God, My physical mother and brothers are good for nothing.’

그게 쓸모 없는데 무엇이 하나님 앞에 우리의 조건과 자격으로 드려질 수 있단 말입니까없단 말입니다.

When the physical family of Jesus is good for nothing, what could be offered as our condition and qualification in front of God? Nothing.

따라서 여러분은 착하게 살아서업적 많이 쌓아서 천국 가는 것 아니에요.

Accordingly, you don’t go to Heaven by living nicely or achieving a good many results.

그것은 자식 잘 되기를사람답게 키우기 위해 학교 보냈더니우리 엄마 아빠 도와준다고 밖에 나가서 껌 팔아 온 놈하고 똑같은거예요졸업식에 갔더니 애가 오천원을 들고 교문 앞에 서 있어, “너 뭐냐?” “사실은 내가 학교 안다니고 엄마 아버지 도와드리려고 6년동안 껌 팔았어요.”

It is just like sending your son to school to be a good person, but he sells gums to help his parents instead of studying at school.

On the graduation day, when you go to the school to celebrate, he’s waiting for you in front of the school gate holding 5 bucks.

You ask, “What’re you doing here and where’s the money from?”

Then, the child says proudly, “In fact, I’ve been selling gums for six years to make money to help you, instead of going to school.”

그건 죽죠그냥 거기서.

If it happened to you, you would kill him on the spot.

그런데 예배당에서 그 짓들을 하고 있다 말입니다.

Then, people are doing the same thing in the church now.

뭔가 하나님께 자기가 보답을 한대요그리고 그 일이 하나님께 자격과 조건으로 받아질 것이라고 생각하고 있는 것입니다그 걸 자기 의라고 한다 말입니다여러분.

They say they’re making a return for God’s grace.

Also, they think such efforts will be accepted as the qualification and condition of being God’s people by God.

Everybody, we call it ‘self-righteousness’.

그러한 복음의 현실을 사도 바울이 호세아서와 이사야서를 동시에 인용하여 이렇게 설명을 합니다.

The Apostle Paul explains such a reality of the Gospel citing Hosea and Isaiah simultaneously like this.

(9:25~29)

25 호세아 글에도 이르기를 내가 내 백성 아닌 자를 내 백성이라, (내백성이 아닌자가 누구죠가시떨기 돌짝 밭내 백성이라 이게 누구죠옥토사랑치 아니한 자를 뭐예요가시떨기 돌짝 밭사랑한 자라 부르리라 이게 복음입니다사랑받는 자가 되어지는게 아닙니다그냥 돌짝이고 가시떨기 인데 하나님이 뚫고 들어가서 사랑하는 자로 만들어 버리는 거예요)

26 너희는 내 백성이 아니라 한 그 곳에서 (로암미!) 저희가 살아 계신 하나님의 아들이라 부름을 얻으리라 함과 같으니라 (어떻게 더 명확하게 설명을 해 줘요?)

27 또 이사야가 이스라엘에 관하여 외치되 이스라엘 뭇 자손의 수가 비록 바다의 모래 같을지라도 (나오죠큰 무리!) 남은 자만 구원을 얻으리니 (12, 12제자!)

28 주께서 땅 위에서 그 말씀을 이루사 필하시고 끝내시리라 하셨느니라

29 또한 이사야가 미리 말한바 만일 만군의 주께서 우리에게 를 남겨 두시지 아니 하셨더면 우리가 소돔과 같이 되고 고모라와 같았으리로다 함과 같으니라

<Rom. 9:25~29>

25As he says in Hosea: “I will call them ‘my people’ who are not my people(Who are ‘not my people’? Thorns and rocks. Who are ‘My people’? The rich soil.); and I will call her ‘my loved one’ who is not my loved one,”(What does He do with the one who He doesn’t love? He’ll call them “My beloved ones”. This is the Gospel. We aren’t becoming the loved one, we are still the thorns and rocks, but God penetrates into us and makes us His loved one.)

26and, “In the very place where it was said to them, ‘You are not my people,(Lo-ammi!)’ there they will be called ‘children of the living God.’” (How can it be explained more clearly than this?)

27Isaiah cries out concerning Israel: “Though the number of the Israelites be like the sand by the sea (See? A big group), only the remnant will be saved. (12 people, 12 Disciples)

28For the Lord will carry out his sentence on earth with speed and finality. 29It is just as Isaiah said previously: “Unless the Lord Almighty had left us descendants, we would have become like Sodom, we would have been like Gomorrah.”

수 많은 큰 무리 중에 남은 자가 돌아왔는데 그 남은 자가 스스로 뭔가를 해서 돌아온 거예요씨 때문에 돌아왔단 말입니다씨 때문에돌짝 밭길가 밭가시떨기가 씨가 심기어지니까 옥토가 되어 남은 자 remnant 들이 되더라는 것입니다그것을 복음이라고 하는 것입니다.

Among the big group of people, some remnants returned, but did they come back by doing something for themselves?

They came back due to the seed.

Thanks to the seed! When the seed was sown in the field along the path, rocky and thorny place, the field became the rich soil, the remnants.

That is the Gospel.

예수를 좋겠다고 수많은 자들이 모여 있습니다그런데 그 중 남은 자들에게만 복음의 비밀이 전해집니다.

Thousands people flocked together to follow Jesus, but the secret of the Gospel is conveyed to only the remnants among them.

그 남은자들의 모형으로 12제자가 등장하는 거예요나머지는요전부 길가 밭돌 짝 밭이요가시 떨기라는 것입니다.

The 12 disciples appear as the model of the remnants.

What about others?

All of them are the field along the path, the rocky and the thorny ground.

그런데 그 남은 자들은 자신들의 노력이나 열심자격조건을 근거로 남겨진 것이 아니라 하나님에 의해 남겨진 자들입니다.

By the way, the remnants are left not by the basis of their own efforts, zeal, qualification or condition, but by God.

그들은 원래 내 백성이 아닌 자사랑치 아니한 자즉 죽은 흙에 불과한 자들이었는데죽은 땅에 불과한 자들이었는데하나님이 남기시니 거룩한 에 의해 옥토가 되어 내 백성내가 사랑하는 자로 남겨진 것입니다정리가 되시지요?

They were originally ‘not My people’, ‘not My loved one’, that is, no more than dead soil and a dead field, but by the holy ‘seed’ God left, the dead field became the rich soil, remaining as ‘My people, My loved one’. Settled clearly, right?

그러나 하나님의 거룩한 씨가 심겨지지 않은 자들은 어떻게 됩니까?

Then, what happen to those who the holy seed of God is not planted into?

오히려 예수라는 가시덤불과 돌 짝에 의해 멸망의 자리로 가게 되는 것입니다.

Rather, they’re going to the place of ruin by the thorns and rocks of Jesus.

그게 은혜 밖에 있는 자들이에요화염검과 그룹으로 그냥 갇혀있어요그들에게는못 알아먹어요못 알아먹어요.

They’re the outsiders of God’s grace.

They’re just being blocked by the cherubim and the flaming sword.

They can’t understand the Gospel. They’re never able to understand it.

선악과를 드시고 하나님처럼 되시어 선악을 스스로 판단하고 이 세상의 유토피아를 상징하는 에녹성과 바벨탑 건설에 열심들인 이 세상의 건축자들은 진짜 모퉁이 돌이신 예수를 자꾸 내다 버리게 되는 것입니다.

The builders of the world, who’ve eaten the fruit of the tree of knowledge and become like God, who judge right from wrong for themselves eager to build Enock castle and the Babel Tower representing the Utopia on earth, keep throwing out the real cornerstone, Jesus Christ.

그게 건축자들의 버린 돌이 모퉁이 돌이 된다는 그런 뜻이에요.

That’s the meaning of the expression‍ ‘The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone’.

예수가 들어와야 휘장이 찢기고 예수가 들어와야 얼굴에 가려진 수건이 걷히는데 예수를 거부해요.

Only by Jesus’ coming in, the curtain will be torn, and only by Jesus’ coming in, the towel covering the face will be removed, but they still reject Jesus Christ.

자존심 상한다는 거예요.

Why? Because they feel it hurts their pride.

나도 선악과를 먹고 하나님처럼 되어 있는데 왜 내가 무력한 자로 인정이 되야 되고 폭로가 되어야 하며 왜 내가 은혜만을 바래야 돼?’

‘I’m like God by eating the fruit the tree of knowledge, then why should I be acknowledged as a helpless and revealed, only hoping for the grace of God?’

그게 인본주의의 망령이란 말입니다.

That’s the specter of humanism.

그들이 바리새인들이었어요.

They were the Pharisees.

왜 내가 예수만 믿어야 돼나도 제사 잘 지내고 있고 율법 잘 지키고 있고 착한 일 열심히 하고 있는데 왜 내가 예수만 믿어야 돼?”

“Why do I have to believe in only Jesus? I sincerely practice the worship, observe the law, performing virtuous deed, then why should I only believe in Jesus?”

이게 가시떨기입니다돌짝 밭이에요이게 길 가 밭인 거예요.

That’s the thorny and rocky field. That’s the field along the path as well.

로마서 9장 30절 보세요

Look at Romans, chapter 9, verse 30.

(9:30~33)

30 그런즉 우리가 무슨 말 하리요 의를 좇지 아니한 이방인들이 의를 얻었으니 곧 믿음에서 난 의요 31 의의 법을 좇아간 이스라엘은 법에 이르지 못하였으니 32 어찌 그러하뇨 이는 저희가 믿음에 의지하지 않고 행위에 의지함이라 부딪힐 돌에 부딪혔느니라 33 기록된바 보라 내가 부딪히는 돌과 거치는 반석을 시온에 두노니 저를 믿는 자는 부끄러움을 당치 아니하리라 함과 같으니라

<Rom. 9:30~33>

30What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith;31but the people of Israel, who pursued the law as the way of righteousness, have not attained their goal. 32Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone. 33As it is written: “See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes people to stumble and a rock that makes them fall, and the one who believes in him will never be put to shame.”

예수의 십자가 피 공로예수의 은혜를 의지하지 않는 자들은 반석이신 예수에 의해 오히려 부딪힘을 당하고부끄러움을 당하고거치게 될 것이라는 말입니다그게 심판입니다.

It means those who don’t rely on the achievement of the blood of Jesus on the Cross, who don’t depend on the grace of Jesus, will be stumbled, put to shame and fallen. That is the judgment.

예수 그리스도라는 반석을 가져다 버리는 자즉 자기부인이 없이 예수믿는다고 하는 이들은 결코 열매를 맺을 수 없습니다종교라는 이름으로 자기라는 우상을 더 살찌울 뿐그것을 신앙이라고 하지 않습니다.

Those throwing out Jesus Christ the foundation, that is, those claiming to believe in Jesus Christ without self-denial, can never bear any fruit.

They only fatten themselves as idols under the name of religion, and we don’t call it faith.

그래서 진정한 교회는 잘난체하는 인간들이 점점 줄어 들어야 하는 것입니다나를 본받아라하는 인간들이 점점 사라져야 하는 것입니다무엇을 본받으라는 말입니까… 돌짝밭에서 같이 죽자는 말입니까

That’s why the number of wise apples should decrease fewer and fewer in the true church.

The ones who say ‘Imitate me!’ have to go away from the church gradually.

What on earth are they asking us to imitate?

Are they asking to die together to be the rocky field or what?

아닙니다여러분성도는 십자가를 지고 티끌로 돌아가야 하는 것입니다.

No way, everyone! We saints should go back to the status of dust bearing the Cross.

은혜로 모든 걸 해결해 주겠다고 오신 예수를 십자가에 못 박아 죽여 버린 세상이예수에 의해 죄인으로 정죄되고 심판에 이른 것처럼예수만을 의지하지 않는 모든 존재들은 다 열매하나 없는 저주의 무화과나무가 되어 결국에는 말라 죽게 되는 것입니다.

Just like the world, which crucified Jesus on the cross who came to solve everything with His grace, was condemned and judged by Him, all beings who don’t depend only on Jesus will be the cursed fig tree without a single fruit and withers to death in the end.

우리가 우리의 인생 전체를 하나님께 맡기고 그 분의 은혜에 맡기는 것은 힘의 원리가 지배하는 세상의 시각으로 볼 때 정말 미련하고 유약하고 미련하기 그지없는 모습일 수밖에 없습니다.

From the worldly view ruled by the principle of power, entrusting our whole life to God and God’s grace seems nothing but a totally stupid, weak and ridiculously unwise image.

그러나 그게 바로 하나님의 진정한 능력을 경험하는 진짜 지혜로운 삶이라는 것을 하나님은 당신의 교회에게 알려 주고 싶으신 것입니다.

However, that’s what God truly wants His church to know that the real wise life is experiencing the real power of God.

(고전1:18, 23~24)

18 십자가의 도가 멸망하는 자들에게는 미련한 것이요 구원을 얻는 우리에게는 하나님의 능력이라

23 우리는 십자가에 못 박힌 그리스도를 전하니 유대인에게는 거리끼는 것이요 이방인에게는 미련한 것이로되 24 오직 부르심을 입은 자들에게는 유대인이나 헬라인이나 그리스도는 하나님의 능력이요 하나님의 지혜니라

<1Cor. 1:18, 23~24>

18For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

23but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

여러분여러분이 부인되고 십자가로 말미암아 약자로 폭로되는 것이 여러분이 유약해지고 미련해지는 것이 아닙니다.

Everybody! Self-denial and being revealed as the weak through the Cross doesn’t mean you become weak and stupid.

거기에서부터 하나님의 능력이 나타나는 것입니다.

From there, God’s power appears.

그래서 하나님께서 약할 때 강함이 된다고 말씀하신 것입니다.

That’s why God said ‘My power is made perfect in weakness’.

여러분의 인격을 개발하고 고양하여 훌륭한 도덕적인 존재가 되어 하나님의 나라를 가는 것이 아닙니다.

You’re not going to Heaven by developing virtuous personality and becoming an ethical being.

그것은 부산물일 뿐이요그 자체가 목적이 되는 것은 아닙니다.

They’re just a byproduct, not the purpose itself.

그렇게 예수를 알지 못하고 여전히 가시덤불과 돌 짝 밭과 길가 밭의 상태에 있는 이들이 이 세상에서 어떻게 살게 되는 지를 보여주는 것이 이 비유 뒤에 붙어 있는 예수님의 비유 해설에 나와 있습니다.

Not knowing Jesus, how the people will live in this world, who stay in the state of the thorny, rocky field along the path, is explained right after the parable.

(13:18~23)

18 그런즉 씨 뿌리는 비유를 들으라 19 아무나 천국 말씀을 듣고 깨닫지 못할 때는 악한 자가 와서 그 마음에 뿌리운 것을 빼앗나니 이는 곧 길 가에 뿌리운 자요 20 돌밭에 뿌리웠다는 것은 말씀을 듣고 즉시 기쁨으로 받되 21 그 속에 뿌리가 없어 잠시 견디다가 말씀을 인하여 환난이나 핍박이 일어나는 때에는 곧 넘어지는 자요 22 가시떨기에 뿌리웠다는 것은 말씀을 들으나 세상의 염려와 재리의 유혹에 말씀이 막혀 결실치 못하는 자요 23 좋은 땅에 뿌리웠다는 것은 말씀을 듣고 깨닫는 자니 결실하여 혹 백배혹 육십 배혹 삼십 배가 되느니라 하시더라

<Matt. 13:18~23>

18“Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: 19When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in their heart. This is the seed sown along the path. 20The seed falling on rocky ground refers to someone who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. 21But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. 22The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful. 23But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the word and understands it. This is the one who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.”

예수님께서 길가 밭가시떨기돌 짝 밭의 상태를 설명해 주시는데 먼저 길가 밭은 천국 말씀이 떨어지게 되면 악한 자가 와서 그 말씀을 얼른 빼앗아 가는 상태를 말한다고 합니다.

Jesus explains the state of the field along the path, thorny and rocky.

First, the field along the path is the state that when the Words of Kingdom are given, the evil comes and snatches them away.

예전에 어떤 부흥사는 길가 밭을 설명하시면서 설교시간에 조는 사람을 예로 들기도 했습니다.

Explaining the field along the path, a revivalist once likened it to the people who’re dozing off during the sermon.

말씀이 떨어지는데 마귀가 졸음을 주어 말씀이 하나도 귀에 못 들어가도록 미혹한다는 것입니다.

He said while the message given, the evil also gave them sleepiness to prevent the Words from being heard.

그러니까 절대 졸지 말라는 것이지요.

That’s why we mustn’t doze off during the sermon, according to him.

피곤하면 졸수도 있는 겁니다고작 예수님이 설교시간에 졸지 말라는 말씀을 하시기 위해 이런 비유를 드셨겠어요?

Dozing off could happen when tired.

Would Jesus give the parable to merely warn us not to nod off during the sermon?

길가 밭의 상태는 그것보다 더 심각한 상태를 말하는 것입니다그 상태를 잘 표현해 주는 에피소드가 창세기에 나옵니다.

The state of the field along the path means more serious than that.

An episode representing the state well comes in Genesis.

(19:12~14)

12 그 사람들이 롯에게 이르되 이 외에 네게 속한 자가 또 있느냐 네 사위나 자녀나 성중에 네게 속한 자들을 다 성 밖으로 이끌어내라 13 그들에 대하여 부르짖음이 여호와 앞에 크므로 여호와께서 우리로 이곳을 멸하러 보내셨나니 우리가 멸하리라 14 롯이 나가서 그 딸들과 정혼한 사위들에게 고하여 이르되 여호와께서 이 성을 멸하실 터이니 너희는 일어나 이곳에서 떠나라 하되 그 사위들이 농담으로 여겼더라

<Gen. 19:12~14>

12The two men said to Lot, “Do you have anyone else heresons-in-law, sons or daughters, or anyone else in the city who belongs to you? Get them out of here, 13because we are going to destroy this place. The outcry to the Lord against its people is so great that he has sent us to destroy it.” 14So Lot went out and spoke to his sons-in-law, who were pledged to marrya his daughters. He said, “Hurry and get out of this place, because the Lord is about to destroy the city!” But his sons-in-law thought he was joking.

롯이 하나님의 계시를 받고 이제 곧 불타 없어질 소돔에서 나가야 한다고 사위들에게 전했습니다.

After receiving God’s prophecy, Lot told his sons-in-law to leave Sodom destined to be burnt to the ground.

그랬더니 사위들이 그 말을 농담으로 여겼습니다.

Then, they regarded it as a joke.

왜요소돔이 좋았거든요.

Why? Because Sodom was good for them.

소돔이 주는 쾌락과 소돔이 주는 편안함과 소돔이 주는 세상 적 행복이 복음의 필요성을 잡아먹어 버린 것입니다.

The pleasure, easefulness and worldly happiness Sodom provided swallowed up the need of the Gospel.

내게 지금 부족한 주는 없는데 왜 또 다른 복음이 필요하냐는 것입니다.

It’s like ‘I lack nothing now, then why should I need another Gospel?’

여기가 좋은 데 왜 자꾸 여기서 나가라고 하냐는 것이지요?

It’s like ‘I like it here, then why do you keep forcing me to leave here?’

그게 바로 길가 밭들이 처한 상태인 것입니다.

That’s the situation the field along the path is in.

아울러 바리새인들처럼 자신의 삶과 행위에 대해서도 자족하며 사는 자들 또한 길가 밭의 상태입니다.

Also, like the Pharisees, those living in the satisfaction about their life and deeds are also in the state of the field along the path.

바리새인들은 세리나 창기들을 보면서 하나님 저는 저들과 같은 죄인으로 살지 않게 해 주셔서 감사하다는 기도를 드릴 정도로 자신들의 삶에 자신이 있었습니다.

Looking at a tax collector or a prostitute, the Pharisees were confident enough with their life to the degree of praying ‘God, thank you for letting me not live as a sinner like them’.

그들에게 거룩한 씨인 말씀이 떨어졌습니다.

To them, the Words, the holy seed fell.

회개하라천국이 왔다’ 그러자 그들은 그 거룩한 씨를 죽여 버렸습니다.

‘Repent, for the kingdom of Heaven has come’, then they killed the holy seed.

자기들은 이미 제사도 잘 지내고 있고율법도 잘 지키고 있고착한 일도 열심히 하고 있는데 왜 또 회개를 해야 하고왜 예수라는 이름을 믿어야 하냐는 것이었습니다.

They thought they practiced the worship well, observed the law well, doing virtuous things eagerly, so what were the reason for them to repent again and believe in the name Jesus anyway.

복음이 떨어지는데 마귀가 얼른 집어가 버리는 것입니다.

It’s the case the Gospel has fallen but the evil snatches it away quickly.

그게 길가 밭입니다그들은 절대 하나님 나라에 못 들어갑니다.

That’s the field along the path. They can never enter the kingdom of God.

그러니까 하나님보다 이 세상이 너무 좋아 자신의 건강재산명예인기 등에만 관심을 갖고 사는 모든 인간들이 전부 길가 밭입니다.

In other words, all people who love this world so much and have interest only in their own health, wealth, honor and popularity are the field along the path.

거기에는 성도라는 사람들도 예외가 아닙니다.

There is no exception for the people called saints in the case.

내가 지금 세상것으로 복되다고 생각하는데 왜 복이 또 필요하냐고 생각하는 그 사람 모두가 바로 길가밖에 있는 것입니다.

Those are the ones standing along the path who think ‘I’m blessed with the earthly things enough, then why should I need another bless?’

이 세상을 살아가는데 너무나 행복한 분들복음이 제대로 안떨어집니다.

To the people too much happy in this world, the Gospel doesn’t fall properly.

그래서 견딜만큼 여러분에게 고난어려움을 주시는 것입니다복음을 들으라고.

That’s why God allows you to have sufferings and hardships bearable to make the Gospel be heard.

그게 바로 길가밭인 것입니다.

That’s the field along the path.

두 번째로 돌 짝 밭입니다.

The second is the rocky ground.

그런 그림은 출애굽기에서 찾아 볼 수 있습니다.

The rocky ground refers to the state of the people who receive the Words with pleasure, but fall down pretty soon encountering ordeals and persecution.

Such an image can be seen in Exodus.

(14:10~12)

10 바로가 가까와 올 때에 이스라엘 자손이 눈을 들어 본즉 애굽 사람들이 자기 뒤에 미친지라 이스라엘 자손이 심히 두려워하여 여호와께 부르짖고 11, 그들이 또 모세에게 이르되 애굽에 매장지가 없으므로 당신이 우리를 이끌어 내어 이 광야에서 죽게 하느뇨 어찌하여 당신이 우리를 애굽에서 이끌어내어 이같이 우리에게 하느뇨 12 우리가 애굽에서 당신에게 고한 말이 이것이 아니뇨 이르기를 우리를 버려두라 우리가 애굽 사람을 섬길 것이라 하지 아니하더뇨 애굽 사람을 섬기는 것이 광야에서 죽는 것보다 낫겠노라

<Ex. 14;10~12>

10As Pharaoh approached, the Israelites looked up, and there were the Egyptians, marching after them. They were terrified and cried out to the Lord. 11They said to Moses, “Was it because there were no graves in Egypt that you brought us to the desert to die? What have you done to us by bringing us out of Egypt? 12Didn’t we say to you in Egypt, ‘Leave us alone; let us serve the Egyptians’? It would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than to die in the desert!”

차라리 애굽으로 돌려 보내줘!” 그러고 있는 거예요.

“Rather, send us back to Egypt!” the Israelites are shouting.

환난과 핍박이 오니까하나님의 말씀이 떨어지고 있는데도 차라리 애굽으로 돌려보내줘!”

Confronting ordeals and persecution, while God’s words given, they begged “Send us back to Egypt!”

환난과 핍박이 오니까 금방 하나님을 배신하고 그 분께 등을 돌려요.

At the coming of the ordeal and persecution, they betrayed God soon turning their back.

여전히 하나님보다 현실을 더 소중히 여기는 자들이죠그게 돌 짝 밭입니다.

They still cherish the earthly reality more than God. That is the rocky ground.

한 마디로 하나님을 믿기는 믿는데하나님이 목적이 아니라 하나님으로부터 무언가를 얻어내기 위해 하나님을 믿는 그런 이들의 상태를 말하는 것입니다.

In short, it’s the state of people who believe in God somehow, but the purpose of believing God isn’t God Himself, but to obtain something from Him.

역사학자들에 의하면 바벨론 포로 이전까지는 이스라엘 성전에 제단이 두 개였다고 합니다.

According to historians, there used to be two altars in the Temple of Jerusalem before the Captivity of Babylonia.

실제로 발굴을 해보니까하나님을 그렇게 열심히 섬긴다고 하는 인간들이 제단을 두 개를 두고 섬겼더라는 것입니다.

The excavation of the site confirmed those who had argued to serve God so eagerly actually had been serving two altars.

하나는 하나님께 드리는 제단다른 하나는 하나님이 안 주는 것을 얻어내는바알에게 아세라에게 분향하던 제단두 개가 있었어요

One for God and the other for Baal and Asherah to get from them what God didn’t allow. There were two altars.

그래서 예수님이 재물과 맘몬과 (그게 바알이고 아세라 잖아요), 맘몬과 하나님을 어떻게 동시에 섬기니이 도둑놈들아!” 말씀하신거예요.

That’s why Jesus said, “How can you serve God and wealth (= Mammon, that’s Baal and Asherah) at the same time? You thieves!”

그러니까 하나님이 바벨론 포로 70년을 확 보내버렸어요.

So, God sent them away as the captive of Babylonia for 70 years.

그 때 이후로 그 나머지 재단이 없어져 버렸습니다.

After that, the other altar disappeared.

그건 안 된다는 거예요.

It means serving two altars is incompatible.

그게 바로 하나님을 버린 거예요.

Such thing is to desert God, indeed.

하나님도 섬기고 세상의 힘도 섬기고.. 그게 바로 버린 거라는 말입니다.

Worship God and worship the power of the worldthat’s deserting God.

그건 예수 믿는 거 아니에요여러분역시 영원한 하나님 나라보다는 이 세상 것에 집착하고 있는 인간 군상들의 모습이죠

Such thing is far from believing in Jesus.

Everybody, it’s also the image of humanity obsessed with the earthly things rather than the kingdom of God.

이 세가지 밭이 전부 뭐예요하나님처럼 되겠다고 선악과를 따먹은 아담인 것입니다.

What are the three fields? They are Adam who ate the fruit of the tree of knowledge to become like God.

그리고 그 상태로는 절대 천국 못 들어 간다’, 생명나무를 화염검과 그룹으로 감추어 둔 상태예요그 상태그 상태는 멸망이라는 것입니다.

And ‘You can never enter Heaven’, this is the state of hiding the tree of life with the flaming sword and cherubim. That situation, it’s the state of ruin.

그런데 내가 너희에게 뚫고 들어가 너희 눈과 귀를 열었다” 이 말씀하시는 거예요.

“But, I penetrated into you and opened your eyes and ears”, says Jesus.

교회들아 내가 너희들의 눈과 귀를 열었어너희도 그렇게 멸망되어야 돼죽은 흙이니까 열매 못 맺는 죽은 흙이니까그러나 내가 은혜로 오직 은혜로너희들의 도움 하나도 받지 않고 오직 은혜로 너희들에게 뚫고 들어와 너희들에게 새 생명을 주었어그런데 너희들 공로 아직도 자랑할 꺼야?” 묻는 거예요.

“You churches, I’ve opened your eyes and ears. You were also doomed to perish in that way because you were dead soil that couldn’t bear any fruit.

However, through grace, nothing but grace, I’ve penetrated into you and given you the new life without your help.

Then, are you still boasting about your achievement?” Jesus is asking of us.

하나님 나라 가서는우리는 이 사실을 다 깨닫고 그냥 하나님 말씀에 죽으라면 죽는 예수 그리스도의 십자가의 순종의 삶을 살게 되는 거예요.

In the kingdom of Heaven, after realizing all of this fact, we’re living the obedient life of the Cross, the life of Jesus Christ who would do anything by the one word of God.

그래야 그 나라에 모반과 반역이 없을 것 아닙니까.

By doing so, there’ll be no more rebellion and treason, right?

그거 배우고 가시면 되는 거예요.

That’s what you are learning here before going to Heaven.

하나님 나라 가면 그냥 영원히 할 착한 일그거 몇 개 여기서 더 하고 오라고 여러분 인생에 보낸 것 아니란 말입니다.

You haven’t been sent to your life to do some more good deeds, which you’re supposed to do forever in the Kingdom.

왜 하나님은 우리 성도를 좋은 밭이다 라고 말씀하시고는 여전히 길가와 가시떨기와 돌 짝 밭의 모습을 그냥 놔두고 지켜보시는 걸까요?

Even after calling us saints ‘a good field’, why does God only watch us have the image of the field along the path, the rocky and thorny ground?

너희들의 실체를 올바로 직시하라는 거에요.

It’s because God lets us face up our true nature.

그리도 너희들 안에 심겨진 그 생명의 위대함을 보라는 거예요.

Also, God asks us to see the greatness of the life planted in us.

그래서 우리 안에서 자꾸 우리의 길 가 됨과 돌 짝 밭 됨과 가시떨기 됨을 폭로시키는 거예요.

That’s why our true nature of the field along the path, the rocky and thorny ground in us is being revealed continuously.

너희들은 죽은 흙이야그런데 너희 안에 그 새 생명이 너희를 살려내는 거야.”

“You’re the dead soil, but the new life in you makes you revived.”

생각해 보세요밭에 생명이 있어요씨에 생명이 있어요?

Think about it. Where does the life exist, in the field or in the seed?

밭에 생명이 있어요?

What, in the field?

누가 ” 그랬어지금.

Somebody just has said ‘in the field’.

씨에 생명이 있지요밭에 무슨 생명이 있어요.?

The life is in the seed! What on earth in the field, common!

처음부터 다시 해야겠네.

Gee, we might need to start over, huh?

생명은 밭에 심기어진 씨에 있는 거지요.

Listen, the life is in the seed sown in the field.

우리는 우리의 밭을 갈아 옥토로 만드는 것을 신앙생활의 목적으로 삼는 것이 아니에요.

To plow up our field to be rich soil isn’t the purpose of our life of faith.

이 돌 짝 밭 같고길가 밭 같고가시떨기 같은 내 속에 새 생명의 씨가오직 은혜로 심겨졌다는 것을 깨달아서여전히 길가 밭이요,가시떨기 밭이요돌 짝 밭인 자신의 모습을 폭로 당함에도 거기에 절망하거나 낙담하지 않고 그 새 생명의 씨의 능력을 의지해야 되는 거예요.

By realizing the fact that the seed of life has been sown in us only by grace, who’re still like the field along the path, the rocky and thorny ground, we don’t give up hope or lose courage, despite being revealed our true nature of the field, only relying on the power of the seed of the new life.

그럼에도 불구하고 내 안에는 새 생명이 있고 반드시 내 안에서는 열매가 맺히고야 말거라는 믿음으로은혜의 십자가를 꼭 붙드는 걸 옥토라고 하는 거예요.

Despite our state, with the faith that the new life is in us and its fruit definitely will be born in us, we hold tight the Cross of mercy, and that’s ‘the rich soil’.

그게 여러분이 이 세상에서 맺는 열매’ 예요.

That’s ‘the fruit’ you’ll bear in this world.

자기 부인의 열매십자가 지는 삶의 열매인 것입니다.

It’s the fruit of self-denial, the fruit of bearing the Cross.

그들이 마지막 날에 반드시 옥토로 완성이 되어 삼십 배육십 배백배의 열매를 맺는 자들이 되는 것입니다.

They’re completed as the rich soil on the last day that produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.

누구에 의해서예수에 의해서.

By whom? By Jesus Christ.

그런데 이 세상 속에서는 내 안에 들어있는 게 너무 많기 때문에 이걸 자꾸 하나하나 비워가고 폭로당함으로 말미암아 내가 싹 비워지고 예수로 가득 차게 될 때 거기서 진짜 예수의 열매갈라디아서 522절 성령의 열매소유격이 아니라 주격이라 그랬죠성령이 맺으시는 열매가 나타나는 거란 말입니다.

However, we’re occupied by too many things in us in the world, so by empting them and being revealed our ugly nature one by one, we empty ourselves and fill them with Jesus Christ.

From there appears the real fruit of Jesus Christ, the fruit of the Spirit in Galatians, chapter 5, verse 22. Didn’t I mention it’s not the possessive but the subjective case?

The fruit the Spirit bears comes out in us in the end.

그래서 복음이에요 여러분에게 열심히 밭 갈아 업어서 옥토 되라고 하면 그게 무슨 복음입니까중노동이지.

That’s why it’s Good News, the Gospel.

If it tells you to plow up for yourself, how come it’s the Gospel; it’s just another hard labor.

돼요안 되는 걸 어떻게 할려고 해요.

Can you? It’s impossible, then why try?

얼마나 갈아엎으려고 애써 봤습니까.

We’ve tried to plow ourselves up so eagerly, haven’t we?

이번 주부터는 절대 우리 남편에게 바가지 긁지 말아야지.

It’s like one day, you swear “I won’t nag my husband from now on.”

그 날 저녁에 반 죽이잖아요옥토 안 돼요여러분 안에 있는 예수가 여러분을 옥토로 만드시는 것입니다.

But, you kick his ass on the same evening, right?

We can’t be the rich soil on our own.

It’s Jesus who makes the rich soil out of us.

우리를 예수 안에 넣어서 이 세상의 풍랑 위를 걷는 자로 만들어 주셨으면서도 이 세상의 풍랑 속에 그대로 놔두시면서, ‘너희들은 풍랑을 딛고 일어선 방주 안에 들어있는 성도야.’ 이것을 경험하게 해 주시는 것처럼옥토로 이미 만들어놓고 길 가 밭돌 짝 밭가시떨기의 삶을 경험하게 해주시는 거예요.

Just as while God has put us in Jesus and made us the ones walking on the waves of the world, He still lets us stay in the storm of the world to make us experience the fact, ‘You’re the saints in the ark that has overcome the storm’, God also allows us to experience the life as the field along the path, the thorny and rocky ground even after He has made us into the rich soil.

그럼에도 너희 안에 들어있는 새 생명이 너희들을 완벽하게 완성해내고 말거야.’ 이걸 우리에게 가르쳐주시는 것입니다.

‘Despite your pathetic state, the new life in you will finally complete you as the rich soil.’ That’s what God teaches us.

따라서 세상은 가시떨기와 돌 짝으로 인해 멸망에 처하게 되지만 우리 성도는 우리 안에서 폭로되는 가시떨기와 돌 짝의 모습을 통하여 한 발짝 더 예수님의 은혜 뒤로 숨게 되는 것입니다.

Accordingly, while the world is doomed to ruin through the thorns and rocks, we saints can hide behind the grace of Jesus one step closer through the image of the thorns and rocks revealed in us.

그게 남은 자이고 자기가 부인되어져 가는 성도의 삶이며 그게 바로 삼십 배육십 배백배의 열매를 맺는 삶인 거예요여러분우리는 우리 스스로 옥토가 될 수 없어요여러분 안에 있는 예수를 붙드세요은혜 속으로 자꾸 슴으시란 말이에요.

That’s the remnants and the life of self-denial that produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.

Everybody, we can’t be the rich soil for ourselves.

Hold tight Jesus in you. You should keep hiding in the grace of God.

그렇게

그래서 두 비유가 붙여 있는 거예요마태복음 13장 29절을 보시면 하나님께서 가라지 들을 그냥 놔두라고 하시는 장면이 나오는데 거기 중요한 단어가 나오니까 보고 가죠.

That’s why the two parables are put together.

In Matthew, chapter 13, verse 29, there are important words in the scene that God ordered to let the weed grow, so let’s check them out first.

(13:29)

29 주인이 가로되 가만 두어라 가라지를 뽑다가 곡식까지 뽑을까 염려하노라

<Matt. 13:29>

29‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them.

이 가만 두어라라고 번역이 된 헬라어 쉴레고라는 단어는 허락하다용납하다용서하다라는 뜻이 포함된 단어입니다.

The ancient Greek term ‘sullego (συλλέγω)’, translated into ‘no (let them grow)’, also has the meaning ‘allow, accept and forgive’.

가라지는 가만 두어라허락해라용서해라 용납해라뭐를가라지를.

It means ‘Let the weeds grow! Accept, allow and forgive! Forgive what? The weeds.

너희들이 나중에 알곡으로 추수가 되기 위해선 그 가라지가 뽑히면 안된대요.

Why? For ourselves to be harvested as the grain of wheat, God says the weeds mustn’t be pulled out.

그러니까 성도들알곡의 인생 속에서 가라지가 꼭 있어야 되요 없어야 되요?

So, in the life of grains, us saints, are the weeds indispensable or not?

가라지가 뽑히면 같이 뽑혀 죽는다니까… 있어야 된다는거죠.

Since we die together along the weeds when pulled out, they have to be with us.

왜 그 가라지를 심어놔요?

Why does God allow the weeds planted?

우리 인생에 이 세상에 왜 하나님이 가라지를 죽은 흙들을 왜 허락하십니까?

Why does God allow the weeds, the dead soil to exist in our life and in the world?

우리의 거룩성도의 성숙을 위해서가라지들은 뭐하는데 쓰이는 거예요?

For our holiness and for the maturity of saints.

What’s good for the weeds?

쉴레고용납하고 용서하고 허락하고 받아들여주는 나의 거룩의 훈련의 도구로 쓰여지는 거예요.

Sullego (συλλέγω). They’re used as the training tool to build our holiness that accepts, forgives, permits and embraces them.

마찬가지입니다내 마음 속에 있는 길가 밭돌짝 밭가시떨기의 그 상태 또한 나의 그 은혜 속에서 온전히 완성될 성도인 나의 완성에 필요한 것이라 놔두는 거예요.

Likewise, God lets the state of the field along the path, thorny and rocky ground in our mind because it’s also needed for the maturity of us who’ll be completed wholly as saints in the grace of God.

그러나 내 안에 들어있는 그 생명의 씨는 반드시 너희를 알곡으로 추수해 내고야 만다이게 씨 뿌리는 자의 비유입니다이게 알곡과 가라지의 비유인 거예요.

However, the seed of life in Me eventually will harvest you as the grains.

This is the message of the Parable of the sower.

This is the meaning of the Parable of the wheat and the weeds.

그래서 하나님이 새 언약에서 내가 너희들에게 새 마음을 준다.

So, in the new covenant, God promises ‘I give you the new heart.’

새 마음을 준다.

Give the new heart.

마음 밭을 새 마음으로 바꿔준다.

Change the field of heart into the new one.

근데 그 온전한 새 마음이 되기 위해선 여러분의 그 전 마음이 어떤 마음이었는지를 이 땅에서 처절하게 경험하게 가셔야 해요.

But, to get the new heart wholly, we have to identify how dirty and ugly our old mind was on the earth extremely.

그래야 그 새 마음이 얼마나 소중한지를 알죠.

By that way, we’ll know for sure how precious the new heart is.

그래서 길가 밭돌짝 밭가시떨기의 그 옛 마음을 여러분이 아주 뼈에 사무치게 경험하고 가셔야 해요.

That’s why we have to experience our old sinful heart of the field along the path, thorny and rocky to the degree of piercing our heart.

여러분이 가끔 실수하고 좌절하고 절망할 때 실패하는 삶을 살 때 하나님 앞에 너무 죄송하죠.

When we sometimes make mistakes, are frustrated, depressed or fail, we’re very much sorry to God.

그리고 그 삶이 행복하지도 않아잠깐 쾌락을 맛 봤는데 그것 때문에 몇 달 몇 년을 죄책감으로 고생해요.

Also, the life of pleasure on earth isn’t quite happy. We just tasted the pleasure for a moment, but suffer from the sense of guilt about it for months and years.

책지적 죄책벌치적 죄책은 사망그건 없어졌지만 책지적 죄책이라는게 우리에게 남아있어요.

We have the guilt conscience for sin and the liability of the punishment for sin, whose result is death. The latter has been cleared up, but the original guilt conscience for sin still remains in us.

책치적 죄책이라는 건 그 일을 저지름으로 말미암아 내 안에 들어있는 그 내 안에 남아있는 그 괴로움고통스러움성도에게만 있는 그 거.

The guilt conscience for sin is the agony and anguish remaining in us through committing sinful behavior, the feeling that remains only in the heart of saints.

그걸 왜 남겨두셨겠냐구요?

Why did God leave it in us?

돌짝 밭가시떨기길가 밭의 상태가 얼마나 고통스러운 건지를 너희들 한 번 경험해 보라는 거예요.

God requires us to experience how painful the state of the field along the path, thorny and rocky is.

잠깐은 행복했을지 모르지만 어떤 결과가 너희의 삶에 초래되는지 보라는 것입니다여러분.

Though we’re briefly happy, God wants us to see what result is caused in our life, everybody.

자 그렇게 우리의 인생 속에 가라지들이길가 밭돌짝 밭가시떨기들이 우리의 완성을 위해 소품으로 하나님의 도구로 쓰여지고 있습니다.

Just like that, the weeds, the field along the path, the thorny and rocky field are being used as God’s tools and props for our completion.

그 상황 속에서 여러분은 예수를 붙드셔야 돼요십자가를 붙으셔야 돼요그래서 예수와 십자가를 배우고 또 배우고 또 배우셔야 돼요.

In the circumstance, we have to grab Jesus Christ.

We have to hold the Cross.

That’s why we have to learn about Jesus Christ and the Cross over and over again.

성령은 이 땅에 여러분의 그 눈과 귀를 열어주러 오신 것이지 여러분에게 무슨 입에 거품이나 물고 쓰러졌다 일어나는 이런 거다른 종교에도 다 있는 거그런 거나 경험해주시기 위해 오신 분이 아니란 말입니다.

The Holy Spirit came here to open your eyes and ears, not to give you some experience like foaming at the mouth, falling down and standing up again, prevailing in other religions.

정 그런 게 보고 싶으시면 나중에 저한테 한 번 오세요제가 한 30초 떠 드릴께요여러분 눈 앞에서

If you really want to see such things, come to me later, and I’ll fly in the air about 30 seconds in front of your eyes.

공중부양이라는 거 아세요?

Do you know what levitation is?

여러분 그 것은 제가 절에서 배운거예요.

I learned it from a Buddhist temple.

그러면 그런 기적 원하시면 거기 가세요.

If you want that kind of miracle, just go there.

그게 여러분의 신앙에 무슨 도움이 됩니까?

What good is such a thing to your faith?

여러분 눈 앞에서 태평양 바다가 갈라져도 하나님의 선택에서 여러분이 제외되어 있다면 여러분은 그 즉시 뒤돌아 서서 하나님께 나 다시 애굽으로 보내줘’ 라고 할 사람들이란 말입니다.

Everyone, even though the Pacific Ocean were to be divided in front of your eyes, if you’re excluded from God’s election, you are the ones who would turn your back and say to God ‘Send me back to Egypt again!’

그런 건 우리들의 신앙에 전혀 도움이 되지 않아요.

That kind of miracle isn’t helpful to our faith at all.

하나님의 은혜의 말씀을 깨달으세요십자가의 말씀 안으로 들어가시란 말입니다.

Just be aware of the merciful words of God. Go into the words of the Cross.

따라서 여러분의 인생에 떨어지는 모든 가라지인생채찍사람 막대기여러 가지 이해하기 힘든 사건상황다 뭐예요?

Accordingly, all those things such as the weeds falling in your life, the whip of life, the human rod, or unreasonable accidents and circumstances, what are they?

합력되어 선을 이루는 하나님의 도구들일 뿐입니다.

They’re just the tools used by God working for the good in all things.

생명이 있는 씨앗은 비바람과 타는 듯한 뙤약볕을 맞으면 열매를 맺어요.

The seed holding life bears fruit after enduring the storms and the burning sun.

죽어있는 씨는 비바람이 불고 뙤약볕이 내리쬐면 타죽던가 쓸려 내려갑니다.

The dead seed will be swept away by the storm or burnt to death by the scorching sun.

하지만 여러분은 생명이 있는 씨잖아요.

However, you’re the seed with life, aren’t you?

생명의 씨가 들어가있는 좋은 밭이잖아요.

You’re the good soil holding the seed of life.

거기에 왜 비바람이 좀 몰아치고 타는 듯한 뙤악볕이 내리쬔다고 해서 왜 나에게 이런 걸 허락하느냐고 여러분이 하나님 향해 삿대질 할 수 있습니까?

Then, encountering a little bit of storm or blazing sun, how dare you accuse ‘God, why did You allow me to suffer such things?’ shaking your finger at God?

열매 맺으려고 하나님이 그러시는건데

God does that to make you bear fruit.

잘 견디세요 그러니까 이기라는 말입니다.

Just hang in there, riding out the storm and the sun.

그래서 예수님이 우리 성도들에게 한 알의 밀알이 땅에 떨어져 죽어야 많은 열매를 맺는다 라고 이야기 하는 거예요.

That’s why Jesus tells us saints if a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it produces many seeds.

여러분이 그러한 것들을 다 경험하고 나를 부인해 가는 삶이 내 옛 사람이 죽는 삶이잖아요.

Why? It’s because the life of experiencing such things and denying ourselves is the life of dying our old selves.

그 죽는 삶씨가 되어서 내가 죽는 삶을 살 때 내 안에서 열매가 맺히는 거룩의 완성이 되는 거예요.

Only when we become the seed and die, living the life of dying, we can bear the fruit in us and complete our holiness.

참 많이 했네요오늘 여러 가지… 다 연결이 되세요 여러분성경은 그렇게 재미난거예요.

We’ve learned so much today.

Can you make the clear connection of today’s contents, guys?

The Bible is that much fun, isn’t it?

무슨 사회개혁을 하고 좋은 일을 하면서 착한 일 하면서 잘 살자?

Let’s live virtuously doing good things and reforming the society?

누굴 위해서?

For whom?

자기 가치 향상을 위해서.

For the improvement our own worth.

그게 죄란 말입니다.

That’s the sin!

아니예요.

No, you mustn’t!

그런 건 자기가 부인되어지면 당연히 하나님 사랑과 이웃사랑으로 격발되게 되어 있어요.

Through self-denial, such thing will be naturally provoked as the love for God and our neighbors.

그 때까지 가만이 있으세요좀 참아주세요.

So, hold still until then. Just be patient a little longer.

그 홍해 앞에서 이스라엘이 야 차라리 애굽으로 돌아가자 죽을 데가 없어서 우리가 여기까지 와서 죽냐야 돌아가자 모세야!” 그랬을 때 모세가 뭐라고 그랬어요?

In front of the Red Sea, when Israel said, “Damn it, let’s go back to Egypt. Did we come all the only to die here? Hey, Moses, let’s go back!”, then what did Moses say?

야 이 놈들 열심히 가르쳐야겠네이거… 너희들 마음 밭을 다시 갈아 엎어야 되겠다’ 이랬습니까?

Did he say, “Blimey, I must give those bastards a much harder lesson. Hey, you, come here! You must plow up your field of mind again!’?

너희는 가만히 있어 주가 하나님 됨을 알찌어다!’ ‘너희는 가만히 있어 주가 하나님 됨을 알찌어다!’

“Be still, and know that I am God!” “Be still, and know that I am God!”

촛불 들고 나가서 사회개혁 하려고 하지 말고 가만히 있어 주가 어떻게 이 세상을 이끌어가는지 너희가 한 번 봐라

Instead of rushing forward to reform the society holding candles in your hand, be still and look carefully how God leads this world.

그리고 너희들 마음 속에 정말 하나님의 백성으로써 해야 할 일이 눈 앞에 보이거든 그 때 겸손하게 숨어서 해라.

And only when you see what to do as the people of God in your mind, you do the work modestly and secretly then.

그게 우리 안에 있는 예수가 드러나는 진짜 선인 거예요.

That’s the real virtue that reveals Jesus in us.

뭘 그렇게 할 일들이 많아요 이 시대의 교회는

What so much to do for you in today’s church?

그래서 사도바울이 나는 날마다 죽는다 그런 거예요.

That’s why the Apostle Paul said ‘I face death everyday’.

날마다 죽어야 날마다 부활할 거 아닙니까.

We have to die every day so that we revive every day, don’t we?

내 속에 새 생명이 있는데 내 옛 사람 때문에 이 새 생명이 발휘가 안돼요.

Despite being in us, the new life can’t be revealed due to our old selves.

근데 내가 날마다 죽으면 새 생명이 날마다 조금씩 살아나죠

But, if we die every day, the new life becomes alive little by little every day.

그래서 우리는 날마다 죽고 날마다 부활해요,

So, we die every day and revive every day.

자면서 하나님 나 오늘 뗏장 덮습니다일어나면서 아이고 나 부활했네요.

We say ‘God, I kick the bucket tonight’ when sleeping, and ‘My God, I’ve revived!’ when waking up.

이게 성도의 삶 이예요.

This is the life of saints.

누가 우리의 내일을 보장해 줍니까?

Who guarantees tomorrow for us?

매일 죽는 거예요매일 티끌 됨을 인정하고 부인하는 거예요.

We die every day. We must accept our being dust and deny ourselves every day.

하나님저 꼭 붙들어 주세요.

God, please hold me tight.

열심히 기도하면서 그냥 그 길을 가는 것입니다.

Praying hard, we merely go the way.

여러분의 열매가 뭐라구요?

What did I say your fruit is?

자기 부인과 십자가예요.

It’s self-denial and the Cross.

여러분의 삶에 나타나는 티끌 됨돌짝 밭가시떨기길가 밭의 모습가라지 됨의 모습.

Being dust appearing in your life.

The image of the field along the path, the thorny and rocky ground and the weeds.

그 속에서 열심히 폭로 당하시고 여러분의 실체를 폭로 당하시고 거기에서 예수님의 십자가를 더욱 굳게 붙드십시오.

Please be revealed your true nature eagerly in the image, and from there, hold the Cross of Jesus Christ tighter.

그게 착한 삶이고 열매 맺는 삶 이예요.

That’s the virtuous life bearing fruit.

씨 뿌리는 자의 비유이해가 가시죠?

The Parable of the sower, got the picture now?

온라인헌금 안내 : 신한은행 / 100-034-629879 예금주:서울서머나